with any luck ill own a 50 cal

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatoni

Reaction score
its old and beat up, could definately use some new tubes but its real cheap. im just tired of carrying my mark iv around everywhere i go so a combo might be a little easier...thing is its missing the speaker. what do you guys think i should stick in there?

You won't regret it. The .50 Caliber is a great amp. By the way, is it a + (6L6) or normal .50 Cal? Both good but I'd choose different speakers depending on which model it is.

If it's a + I'd go for an EVM12L. Tight and powerful.

If it's not a plus, I reckon the Mesa C-90 is a better match for the EL84s.

If weight is a major concern, you might consider the Celestion Neo series. Neo 100 for a + or Neo Vintage for a non+. These speakers are a lot lighter than conventional ceramic magnet speakers.

Don't forget to join the DC Cartel!

I have a .50 Cal + and I just swapped the C90 which it came with for a Vintage 30 and wow! What a difference, like night and day, I love it! I p;ay strictly Metal rhythm guitar...

I've heard the EV12L's are also good, but they're tough to come by at a good price round here...Toronto

its a plus so that sounds like ive got some options. thanks guys

Latest posts

Back