Why did MB get rid of the RK's parallel loop??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armando

Reaction score
I don't get it? It's such a great feature when using "pro" rack gear. I don't think allowing your rack gear to control the overall level(esp. when daisy chaining) is acceptable. Too bad....

Probably too many people experiencing volume drops from out-of-phase EFX returns, and problems with scratchy mix pots. A pro can always get his amp modded to parallel if he needs to, I suspect.

because despite all the hopes we have for the effects loop, the parallel effects loop in rk and dual recs etc. can be a HUGE pain in the *** because they REQUIRE you use rack gear... or have a costly and tone sucking +4 -10 converter box etc... its really a pain in the *** for those of us with pedals... and there are much more with pedals then racks

and in theory
rack gear will work just as well in a serial loop if its good quality stuff, but pedals wont work at all in a parallel effects loop

I beg to differ. Have three Boss pedals (chorus, delay, reverb) in the parallel loop of a Triple with no issues at all...no tone-sucking, vol drop, phase problems,noise, nothing. You just have to be patient and tweak settings (FX send level, Mix, and ESPECIALLY channel masters) until you get it right for your particular setup.

NoGlassNoClass said:
I beg to differ. Have three Boss pedals (chorus, delay, reverb) in the parallel loop of a Triple with no issues at all...no tone-sucking, vol drop, phase problems,noise, nothing. You just have to be patient and tweak settings (FX send level, Mix, and ESPECIALLY channel masters) until you get it right for your particular setup.

well can i ask you what you have your channel masters at then?

because to balance out the volume of the three channels i have channel 1 master at 3 o clock, channel 3 at 10 o clock, and channel 2 i mostly just mess around with vintage mode so i havent figured out a dedicated setting for that one yet (even tho ive had the amp for a year)

mesa boogie told me that i cant run channel 3s master much higher then 9:30 in modern mode cuz itll over power the volume of all the other channels

Ch Masters : Ch1 1:30 (clean), Ch2 11:30 (vint), Ch3 10:00 (mod)
The FX send is around 1:30-2:00, FX mix at ~20%
Pedals go CHO > DLY > REV, with the mix on the delay dimed and the others set to fit accordingly (chorus about half-way and rev a bit less)

NoGlassNoClass said:
Ch Masters : Ch1 1:30 (clean), Ch2 11:30 (vint), Ch3 10:00 (mod)
The FX send is around 1:30-2:00, FX mix at ~20%
Pedals go CHO > DLY > REV, with the mix on the delay dimed and the others set to fit accordingly (chorus about half-way and rev a bit less)

so 20 percent would be about what in clock form... im just trying to replicate what you are doing because my BIGGEST gripe about my dual rec has ALWAYS been the **** effecst loop, but my stiletto with series effects loop is perfect

20% wet = about 9:15-9:30...I'm not trying to get a heavily-effected tone, just some ambience for cleans (cho+delay) and a nice thick lead tone (delay+rev). Usually I make my FX choices between songs, leave the pedals on and just hit the loop ftsw when I need to.

Have you tried your Stiletto + DR in stereo or as a wet/dry rig? I was checking out a series 2 Trident over the weekend and it gave me some bad gas...Maybe use a chorus to split the guitar signal to both heads, and put the delay/reverb in the stiletto loop, running the recto dry :shock:

Latest posts

Back