Why a pedal? I love my Mesa's OD....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PK

Reaction score
Hi people! Thanks in advance for help/suggestions/etc. I've had my single 50w rectifier atop a standard 4X12 recto cab a coupla weeks, and to say I'm thrilled is an understatement :) This is my 1st legitimate tube amp, and I'm running guitr>tuner>Wah>Keelycompressor>head. The Mesa's OD makes my HB's growl & snarl with fantastic sustain..... now for the experienced gear heads: What will give my single rectifier a juicier/groovier/poppyerballs OD tone? Any other advantages such as cool tones lower volume? It's hard to imagine improvement on this beast's OD, but the grasshopper hopes to learn from the wiser gearheads 8)

Also, regarding clean.... I'm loving it! My strat on the clean side makes me feel like a complete *** for not getting this rig sooner. I've whined about the crappy cleans on the solid state Marshall's I've owned for 20 somethin years but the Mesa is yummy. However, just like Mr. Brownstone (I used to do a little but a little wouldn't do it so alittle got more and more) I'm interested in clean pedal suggestions. Super duper glassy clean? Utra chimey? I'm getting a near perfect strat chime now, but my Tele could use a little pop.

Are there any purists among us that will urge me to play her stock and ignore the bells and whistles? Thoughts and suggestions are truely appreciated :)

PK

i love my mesa overdrive and distortions, i keep flipping between strait in and eq in the loop. sounds great both ways. the eq with a mid-scoop can take a great strait-ahead rock distortion and turn it into into a rip your face off metal heaven. the scoop also helps out the cleans, but does take some volume (well, cut through) away so you'd have to adjust for that.

Get a hold of a Jangle Box, if you are looking for that extra bell like chime this is the one to buy !!

Back