Which extension cab for Mark V combo (90W)?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeronimo

Reaction score
Hi, I am considering buying a 1x12 widebody extension cab for my 90W combo. Looking for a "bigger" sound, not louder. I use my amp for home use only in a bedroom size room.

Any recommendations? I play blues/rock and a bit of Metal, I lean towards the closed back front ported cab.

I have the Widebody closed back with the C90 and it's a huge sounding 112. I use it with the Mark V head, and the V:25 head. I haven't fully broken it in yet because I use my traditional 412 in the studio at home. I do like the C90 with the Mark though, since it's a little smoother than the V30s in the 412 in the midrange.

I have a MK V combo and the widebody closed back 1x12 with a C90. However, I much prefer the sound of my Avatar 1x12, which was a lot cheaper but sounds fuller and richer to me. The sound isn't as narrowly focused. I have a Cannabis Rex speaker in it. Mi swapped speakers in the two cabs as a test. The Avatar/Cannabis Rex combination sounds the best to me.

I have my MKV 90w combo over a 2x12 rectifier horizontal cab, closed back with V30, the oversize one. The combination of the C90 with the two V30 is amazing!!!! The look its cool too 8)

mark.png

I'm using the same setup - I wanted something that was a better fit for the combo but the recto 2x12 is too good to swap out. Sounds fantastic.

-Daniel

Demon Of The Fall said:
I have my MKV 90w combo over a 2x12 rectifier horizontal cab, closed back with V30, the oversize one. The combination of the C90 with the two V30 is amazing!!!! The look its cool too 8)

mark.png

Latest posts

Back