which do you think is better

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
mesa mark 4 or a mesa dual recto, now i play heavy **** have owned both but i can only but one now and i want to get a heavy *** distortion and a killer lead and i am stumped on the issue. I know the mark IV is versatile and the recto has heaviness but which one can do close to both heavy as hell and still do bad *** screaming leads. remeber brutal harmonic screaming amp

As you know, you will never get "THAT" "RECTO TONE" out of a Mark IV. Mark IV covers a lot of ground including screaming leads but not Recto Screaming leads.

How about the New Roadking. Even though the 1st generation Roadking has a very good clean tone, the new one is supposed to be even better!!!

Maybe wait and give it a try.

brianf

Sounds to me like you want the Dual Recto. I love the Mark IV but you're not going to get it to sound exactly like a Rectifier for rhythm sounds.

I'd have both if I could, and may some day get a recto head.

I like both sounds but they are different. I love my MKIV and the versitility but nothing sounds like a recto.

Scott

It all comes down to what you want.

I had a Dual Rec. and traded it for my Mark IV. I was looking for a little versatility, and the Rec, IMO, is a one trick pony. It's a **** good trick though, but it wasn't the amp for me for mild crunch, or excellent cleans.

Latest posts

Back