Which 6L6 for my style

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guitarzan said:
Just go talk to Bob @ Eurotubes

+1

JJ's are great tubes for almost any application. They stay well balanced when driven to saturation and aren't as harsh and brittle as Sovteks. They work great in my Dual Rec.

+2 for JJ's

Bob can fix you up really well. I did a full JJ retube in my DC-10, and they made a big difference. A lot of people say JJ's are a darker tube, but in my experience this isn't the case.

nosajwp said:
+2 for JJ's

Bob can fix you up really well. I did a full JJ retube in my DC-10, and they made a big difference. A lot of people say JJ's are a darker tube, but in my experience this isn't the case.

I think that they are slightly darker, but after I made a few minor eq adjustments after swapping the stock Mesa tubes with the JJ's, I found that it sounded much better than the stock tubes. Nothing a little presence couldn't fix. I think the reason why some people think they are darker is because if you swap them out without making any eq adjustments, it is going to sound different. Since the JJ's aren't as harsh in the upper mids and highs, I think some people confuse that with JJ's being a darker tube.

I've also heard that the JJ's are a little more reliable too. I have only had mine in my DR for a few months, but they sound great so far!

G.I.G. said:
nosajwp said:
+2 for JJ's

I think that they are slightly darker, but after I made a few minor eq adjustments after swapping the stock Mesa tubes with the JJ's, I found that it sounded much better than the stock pickups. Nothing a little presence couldn't fix. I think the reason why some people think they are darker is because if you swap them out without making any eq adjustments, it is going to sound different. Since the JJ's aren't as harsh in the upper mids and highs, I think some people confuse that with JJ's being a darker tube.

I've also heard that the JJ's are a little more reliable too. I have only had mine in my DR for a few months, but they sound great so far!

Im sure you mean tubes?

:D Maybe just the fact that the JJ's sound warm and not brittle confuses some people. :D

I use JJ's in almost all of my amps. They are a great all-around tube, and they really made my DC-2 & DC-3 come to life

Latest posts

Back