where should i put my ada mp1???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdurso

Reaction score
I have this old ADA MP1 just collecting dust from when i had a huge rack system (use to use it for cleans and to layer different voiced gains with my triaxis/2:90)... well it just started with this nasty hum last year and i never really got around to repairing it..... i've heard of a lot of people using distortion pedals with their Mesa amps to get a smoother lead sound.... that said i'm getting the mp1 repaired as we speak as i had planned on finally selling it...... before i do i want to try using it instead of a distortion pedal to see if i can get a smoother lead channel out of my roadster..... my question is for those that do that, where do you put the distortion pedal? In the effects look or before the amp? Or either? what are the pros and cons of each option?

The MP1 might not be the best unit to use for this function but i want to atleast give it a shot before i sell it. I also thought about a tube screamer instead as i've heard great things about using them for this function.

you can put it in my room :D

seriously though, it's a great preamp from all the reviews i've read over the years. most people put distortion before the preamp...in other words, you plug your guitar into the pedal.

I would test the ADA as a preamp into the Simul290. If you like kirk hammett, you will like the ADA.

yeah it is a great preamp.... a lot of good gain, different than a mesa but still good... especially for leads......anyway when i had my rack setup i had it going through a 2:90 and it sounded awesome.... no that i have my roadster and no more rack gear but i'm contemplating using it with the roadster for a lead type sound on channel 2 (its being repaired right now).... anyway i figured in front of the amp would be best but i was wondering what other people on the board have tried... what works what doesnt....i'll let you know the results when it gets back

if it doesnt fit what i want any takers?

In my humble opinion I would use a TUBE SCREAMER to boost your lead tone if you need it. A pedal can be turned on and off easier than that MP-1. Especially in a live situation , just tap the pedal , done. Unless you are going MIDI and can program the MP-1 to effect the tone through a pedal BOARD. Again , go TUBE SCREAMER it's just much more simple to achieve what you are looking to do. Good luck. :D

Latest posts

Back