Where can I try...?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6_6_6_1_syn

Reaction score
I am still unsure if I should get a Roadster or Mark IV. The only problem is, I don't know where to try them out firsthand. The local GC only has about a million TRs and DRs, but no Marks or Roadsters. The nearest Sam Ash is 108 miles from here, and I figure its a waste to go out there just to try an amp GC will order in for me. I don't know if I should talk the GC or what? I don't want to make them order in an amp im not buying. Any ideas/solutions? :D

Have them bring a couple used amps to the store you frequent from elsewhere. You will have to tell them that you want one or the other though. I wouldn't put a deposit down though. They can transfer gear between stores. They may not act like they want to but they can. Chances are they won't order new gear for you to try but a used amp will at least give you an idea of what you are looking at. You will also be looking for a while to find a new Mark IV in any store especially a GC. GC would rather carry the DR, TR, LSS and LSC. They will have a RK or a Roadster from time to time also. They rarely ever have a Mark IV though. The store near me has actually never had a Mark IV in the last few years. They had everything else though. There were even a couple used Mark II's and Mark I's that came through. They actually opted to have the DC and F amps over carrying Mark IV's.

No other Mesa dealers that I have the same connection with. I know a few people, and employee discount! Or at least with Mesas maybe some extra gear. But thanks Russ, you're always there to help a noob in need :D . So they said they'd order in anything thats not already in the store, but are you saying they wont order a Mark IV? I really think the Roadster is more my style, and most likely I'll just have to try this amp alone, but I really would rather know the civil competition within Mesa. How else could I try a Mark IV? For now I'll look around for some dealers, but any help is appreciated.

The GC near me won't stock Mark IV's. They'll order you a new one if you pay for it though. They would store transfer one if any GC had one.

You might also try Sam Ash. Call ahead though because it is 108 mi away. Maybe see if they will transfer one in for you if they don't have one. Make them (or GC for that matter) think you will buy it there and then if you like it. This will help convince them to get it there for you to try.

Other than that you might try other local shops to see if they have a used one there that was traded in or bought from a previous owner.

That is why it is so important to try everything you can before you buy anything. Be sure to take settings with you when you demo stuff so you aren't sitting clueless and pass on an amp that might be what you actually want.

see if you can find someone in town with those amps...

visit local rock clubs, go to shows, etc...then make friends with the band and see if you can try the amp out one day.

or try one out next time you're on vacation

Is Sam Ash a Mesa Dealer ? It's funny because the Sam Ash in Cleveland is not. There are 3 guitar centers within 45 minutes of me but only 2 are Mesa dealers and the newest one in Akron is not. strange........

And I am killing to try a Mark series amp but GC here just does not carry them..........ever.........

Fortunately I travel a lot so I find out who is a Mesa dealer and what music stores are in town before I ever get there. I also prowl Craigslist anywhere within 4 of Columbus, Oh to cities I travel too.

Not sure where you live but it may be worth a drive to find out. Not sure what type of stuff you play. That alone may narrow it.

You want tight metal high gain punch and good cleans go MKIV
You want heavy loose low end high gain punch and good cleans go Roadster

Latest posts

Back