where are the old MKI's ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigmouth

Reaction score
say ... anybody got a clue on where all the old MKI's are / have gone ? also anybody know of any that might be for sale ? I am talking like the first 100 or so ...

Why do you want one more of the first 100's?
I am told the best ones are the amps made after 1976 or 1977 so, in my opinion, you would want to look for the ones after (approximately) S/N #1,000.
I bought mine in eBay.
Just my 2 cents.
Best regards.

oh, just interested on how they developped. f.e. never seen any detailled pics / info on one of the early snakeskin boogie's and would love to know / see what his development steps were at the very beginning. I have A086 in transit (sigh) and am wondering how things developped back then.

what is the source / reason of MKI's after serial 1000 being better then before ? never heard that one before ?

bigmouth said:
say ... anybody got a clue on where all the old MKI's are / have gone ? also anybody know of any that might be for sale ? I am talking like the first 100 or so ...

Dude! There's folks out there hoarding them. It's c r a z y ! There are guys with as many as seven MKIIC+'s. A wild Boogie hoarding syndrome that spread across the country like a virual infection. It disrupts normal brain wave patterns of gassing for a different amp and causes otherwise normal guitar players to hoard collector quality Marks. It's c r a z y. . . j/k. :lol:

Hahahaha!!! I was about to "criticize" (a.k.a. absolute envy!!!) the same thing. Life is unfair.

Hi Bigmouth,
regarding the vintage I's, the source is Mesa Boogie, the reason is that they have the Blackface circuit (at least, this is what I understood) and the serial number is a ballpark figure.

... :D ... actually I sold 2 of them but then that black tolex HRGX head popped up, but either that or the DRG will move on eventually. the 2 DRGX are an imbuya combo and a white tolex long head, so definitely keepers. still would love to hear and see about some early MKI's though ? where are they ?

Here's one on Craigs lists

Mesa Boogie Mark I Combo - Original (oakland piedmont / montclair)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2008-12-24, 3:14PM PST

Original Mark I Combo, not re-issue. EQ, Reverb, Variable voltage for international use, Custom wood front. Get that Santana sound! Recently serviced by authorized Boogie tech - new tubes.

$1100 /obo or trade? Especially interested in old, unusual, weird, or neck through guitars.

I see you have 7 IIC+'s 2 IIB's,so if there are a dozen guys out there who collect MKI's like you do MKII's,theres your first 100 MKI's.

stokes, that might be, but you know where my 7 C+'s are ... :D ... where are the MKI's ? or are you saying there are 12 guys out there with 7 MKI's each that hide them ?

andyman95023, thanx for the lead !

still wondering though ... about 2 years ago they seemed to be all over the place.

Latest posts

Back