whats the most you guys would pay for

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitardude05

Reaction score
a mark iv widebody combo. about '99. a few scuffs around the bottom and corners but still looks pretty good, torn leather handle on 1 side but metal strap is still intact. tubes in decent condition. black tolex. NO footswitch. what would you pay? or what could i get? i think i want a short head/cab instead of a combo or possibly a different amp.

No footswitch. I say $900 at the most. The foot switch will set you back $250 which brings your total cost up to $1150. That's about reasonable for a combo in the condition you describe.

Scott

MusicManJP6 said:
But they can be had used on ebay for ~$125...

They are not always available on ebay though.

The footswitch is essential for the amp to operate and I would make it a big deal to the seller. Either drop the price to $800-$900 or just wait for one to come up in the $1000 range on ebay. If you are patient you can get a short head or short combo for $1k with a flight case.

Greg

8-900 is still fairly good. i guess it all depends on how bad somebody wants it. i know i still want the footswitch :lol: im not sure i want to sell it now hahah.

so how about this, what could i get for the shell/speaker of the widebody combo? (has the stock black shadow). i really want a half stack!

I would hang onto the amp until you get a footswitch. I bought one for $50 but it needed a .50 cent part which caused it not to work.

The cab shell can probably be sold for 100-150 if it's in good condition. A new head shell is like $300 from boogie.

Have you thought about getting a 112 Thiele instead of a 412 cab? Much easier to carry around 2 112s then a single 412.

Greg

yes i have thought about a 1x12 theile to go along, but im worried that i might not get that "umph!" im looking for. the combo is just really top-heavy and i thought that a separate head would be easier transportation. i just dont know what to do right now. head swap and 2x12 (or 4x12) or combo and theile? :?

Latest posts

Back