WHAT'S THE .50+ FRANKENSTEIN?????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalblitz84

Reaction score
I've been reading polls of people talking about a .50= modded "frankenstein". What is that. I have .50+ and it's about 23 inches long. Is that the long/special version or is it something different?

I think you're asking about my .50 Cal+. I got tired of being in a band with another guitarist who has a MKIII, and the MKIII just buried my .50Cal+ volume wise. I took my .50 Cal to Kendrick amps and had Gerald Weber install 100 watt power and output transformers in my amp head, and now it uses two 6550's instead of two 6L6's. Now it can keep up with just about any MKIII except maybe a Coliseum. A few years later I took it to another local guy and had the fx loop removed and a footswitchable solo boost installed. That's why I call it a .50 cal+ "Frankenstein" head. From the front it looks like a .50Cal+ should, but if you look at the back...you'll see two big tubes and a huge transformer staring back at you.

Latest posts

Back