What would this do for me?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bloodstone

Reaction score
If I add a Mesa Boogie V-Twin to my Triple Rectifier amp what will it produce? Is it worth the money?

I really don't think there's a point of adding a mini mesa preamp to a mesa amp.....the v-twin pedal is used as a good distortion pedal for poor amps. Personally, I think it would be a waste of your money. Might act like an extra EQ, but an actual EQ would be better for that.

You could use it as a clean boost without the gain instead of a solidstate analog boost. But with the Triple Recto, why?

You could use it on your clean channel for a couple more channels (just make sure to switch it into bypass if you switch out of your clean channel if you are going to a channel that is already distorted).

I did that years ago with a 2 Ch. Dual Rec head I had. My thinking was that using it on a clean setting,I could turn it into a 3channel amp. Hummmmmmm,wonder if I should have patend that idea and got a piece of the action from Boogie when they brought out the 3ch. DR.

Anyway,it worked "ok". Wasnt the exact sound I was looking for.
I have the 3ch. and got to wonder what your looking for in sound by adding a V-TWIN to it...unless you want 3 high gain channels?

Oh I was just curious. Didn't know much about them and all the research I did talked about how good they were at warming up an amp and and the overdrive they produced. But basically no one with a Mesa ever commented about using one with a Rectifier so I was just curious hehe. Guess I won't be buying one then!

I played for all my life on a little Fender 2x12 combo with no accessories so I'm kinda learning as I build now. Hell I'm not really sure wtf a Pre-Amp is for anyway.

Bloodstone.....I been at this awhile and I learn something new in here once in awhile,but if I have done it,I'll pass on my feelings about the subject. This is a great place to "pick" others brains ...the stupidist (I need a spell checker in here)question is the one not asked !

I ran a V-Twin with my Triple when I had it, as well with my ROV and T-verbs.

It gave me an extra couple channels ..... I didn't set the v-twin for a whole lot of gain, usually ran it at 50%. If I used it on the clean channle I had; Clean, low gain and a low med gain, when I used it in conjunction with my Recto's distortion I could have a lower gain setting on the recto and use the v-twin as a "more gain" boost to give various stages of distortion. Out of my 3 channel Triple recto when combined with my v-twin I could get a total of 7-8 different tones at my command in a foot step. I think it's well worth the money and is a great pedal to use with an all clean amp for practice too.

Latest posts

Back