What would be the difference?????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

recto-robbie

Reaction score
Im hoping you guys can tell me, what would be the big difference other than obvious physical differences between using two 2x12 recto cabs or
one 4x12 recto cab? Would there be a big difference in sound?
Bass responce? I currently own one 2x12 and found an additional 2x12 for a decent price,,,or would it be wiser to dump the 2x12 I currently own and look into a single 4x12? Thanks for any help

I've never compared the two 2X12's vs. the 4X12 side by side but I would think the 4X12 would have more bass response. That doesn't mean the 4X12 is better though. That would be a matter of personal taste. I mean, there is still four 12" speakers moving air.

There should be more than enough bass with the Rectoverb so it might not even be a problem for you.

The two 2X12's would probably be tighter in the bottom end, and they are a lot easier to move around vs. the one big 4X12. If you ever go with a stereo rig :D the imaging might be better with the two 2X12 angled outward.

The additional 2X12 may be the least expensive route as well.

I love my Recto 4X12. IMO it's the best **** cabinet I've ever owned (vs. Laney, Fender, Carvin) or borrowed (Marshall 1960, Crate BV).

Sure is heavy though......

Dom

Hey Robie!

If the deal is good you can always unload it if you don't like it. Or use it to finance a 4x12.

With mine i've tried a 4x12 straight and didn't like it. Although that was before I really knew how to dial it or tracked settings.

I like the combination of the C90 in the combo and V30's in the 2x12 rectifier cab.

I'm not wild about the the 2x12 cab by it's self without the C90.

Best of luck!

Latest posts

Back