What PHASER are you using?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ak47

Reaction score
What PHASER are you using? ....and why do you like it???

I have a Roland Studio Series Stereo Phaser model PH-830... three rack spaces and an awesomely rich tone that does not overly colour the original signal. It has two seperate phasers (L/R), an inverter and you can run control voltages through it too... plus there are four outputs so you could run it into four different amps which is nice! Only con is that the size is a bit big!

Original script-logo MXR Phase 90, I like it because it sounds warm & it's simple to use....I like to use in in the front of the signal chain,in front of the amp, for that 1st Van Halen album vibe..

I use a Phase 90 - it sounded warmer and more "real" than other units I tried.

Moog MF-103 The moog is very amazing, anything from slight sweeping to ring modulation. [/i]

What PHASER are you using? ....and why do you like it???

When I invest in a phaser, it will prolly be a Option 5 Destination Phase- very similar to a phase 90 and small clone without the noise. Sounds real good and very flexible- not terribly expensive for a high end pedal.

Laskyman

Subdecay Quasar-- lots of useful options, and Brian at Subdecay gives great service. He modded mine to increase the headroom since the line outs on my Rec Pre were making it unhappy.

CoG said:
Subdecay Quasar-- lots of useful options, and Brian at Subdecay gives great service. He modded mine to increase the headroom since the line outs on my Rec Pre were making it unhappy.

I love my Quasar. I had a Diamond Phaser before the quasar, now I just have the quasar:)

Nice gear guys... found a great page listing some tasty effects... check it out:

http://www.modezero.com/welcome.htm

I am using a Lerxst-Tone Big Al Psych-o-whirl as my regular pedalboard phaser. However, I have an old early 80's block logo Phase 45 that is really sweet and subtle.

RB

DeFrag said:
Boss PH-3

same here. i like it, but then again i haven't tried many others to offer up a comparison.

I tried the Phase 90 and liked the sound, but found it lacked the options and tweakability that i liked about the PH-3. Then i snagged a used PH-3 on ebay for a lot less than a new Phase 90 and my decision was made.

Red Barchetta said:
I am using a Lerxst-Tone Big Al Psych-o-whirl as my regular pedalboard phaser. However, I have an old early 80's block logo Phase 45 that is really sweet and subtle.

RB

Can you tell us some more about the Lerxst-Tone? I can not find anything about it... not even on discofreq's site which lists most things...

http://filters.muziq.be/type/phaser

ak47 said:
Can you tell us some more about the Lerxst-Tone? I can not find anything about it... not even on discofreq's site which lists most things...

http://filters.muziq.be/type/phaser

:D I was wondering when someone would ask!!! It's been a while since I posted anything about this....

Lerxst-Tone Big Al Psych-0-Whirl is a bit of a joke. The phaser is actually a Build Your Own Clone Phaser...2 knob version. It has the same circuit as the script logo phase 90s.

I named it as such as a bit of a tribute to Rush. (Obviously one of my faves)

Lerxst is Alex Lifeson's nickname within the band, he also goes by "Big Al", and Psych -0- Whirl is just my made up boooo-teeek sounding name.

I'm sorry if you wasted a lot of time looking that up, but in consolation, the BYOC is a really nice phaser, very versiatile, and you can either get the kit, or buy it pre-built.

The old Phase 45 I mentioned is a wonderful subtle phaser....very noticable, but not capable of that "seasick" inducing phase. Perfect for quite a lot of songs, though....

Anyway...hope this clears it up....cheers.

RB

Haha.... Awesome! Sounds like a great unit... and certainly has a great name! Did you give it a crazy paint job too?

Anyone else built their own?

ak47 said:
Did you give it a crazy paint job too?

No...no crazy paint job....here is a link to my board...you can see it there to the right of the OCD.

PICT0387.jpg

Latest posts

Back