What kind of bag do you guys carry your cords in?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds stupid, but......
My trusty duffel bag has died.
I haven't been in a band in about 8 years, now that I am again, I need something to carry my stuff in.

I thought about the Mesa Gig Bag. http://mesa.stores.yahoo.net/bag-boogiegig.html

I live on an island, so I need to probably get something over the net and don't want to waste money on a crappy bag!
Anything I get here will be about the cost of the MB bag.

Anybody use a gig bag made in America????

I use a old all leather Jansport daypack/book-bag type backpack good grab and go bag, not cheap was about 70 bucks over twentyfive years ago. I have an anvil briefcase used rarely (heavy ), And a Rocksack gig bag not as heavy duty as the back pack ( Lightweight Cheap Nylon but padded, one pocket ripped through at the seams, not recommended) , it gets used when I'm carrying more than will fit in one bag alone or holds my X15 midi floor controller,wall wart power supply and midi cables . Mostly cables go in a milk crate.

DeWalt power tool bags. The yellow and black jobs.
Collapsible, hard bottom, detachable shoulder strap, inside and outside pockets, can be had for $25 or less.

:lol: Right on! I was hoping it wasn't a stupid question.

We use the DeWalt bags at work all the time.

I actually put everything in my old laptop bag, the big Swiss Army one with a handle and wheels.
Seemed to have more than enough room and my wife has the laptop now, so the bag has just been sitting under my desk for a year.
She just keeps it on the table.

Funny how the light above my head can come on, but only after I've asked out loud.......

I use one of the Pedaltrain Pro boards, way bigger than my old Dell XPS laptop!
Although, I am getting tired of my Nova Delay and thinking that I should go back to a G-Major II! **** GAS!!!!!!!!

I use a full size suitcase to move my stuff...every thing is in it. Pedal board, cables, spare stuff. Mic, footswitch, set lists, tools for string changing, Flashlight, etc. etc. works for me...Grab and go....almost as heavy as my V combo..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't wear cords these days, they are a bit last year for me. Brown cords, ugh. Or did you mean carry my chords? Those I keep in a small leather box I attach to my thigh. Am13 is always at the bottom, which is good. :cry:
I carry mine in the front of my PP2 softcase, or in a Sainsbury's cold bag. Not so rock n roll, but I feel its less likely to get singled out in a pile (holds, oooh, 6 pedals, leads, a screwdriver etc) and it slightly padded for throwing around a bit...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know it sounds like a stupid question. Might have even lost a few IQ points for just posting it.
But...when you live on an island and everything is expensive and gas goes up $.10 a day, I figure it's better to ask than wish I had!

No loss of IQ points Monsta, I was just being cheeky. House swap? Maui for Middle UK? Please? 8)
J

Back