What carrier do you use to ship your MESA?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cybin

Reaction score
I just sold a road king on eBay so I went to go ship it today. To my surprise no one in town would take it because it was too heavy.

Sorry to steal your thread, but I have a related question.

I am planning to sell my Stiletto Deuce on ebay. I'm concerned about shipping it. What if it gets damaged? What is the best way to pack it to ensure that it doesn't?

My current plan is to go to Guitar Center to get an empty box for a head, and pack the area with the tubes with newspaper or something. Would I be better off just taking this to a packing place?

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks
Chris

MesaGravy said:
Sorry to steal your thread, but I have a related question.

I am planning to sell my Stiletto Deuce on ebay. I'm concerned about shipping it. What if it gets damaged? What is the best way to pack it to ensure that it doesn't?

My current plan is to go to Guitar Center to get an empty box for a head, and pack the area with the tubes with newspaper or something. Would I be better off just taking this to a packing place?

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks
Chris

* Pull the tubes, at least the power tubes and wrap them seperately and put them back in the head and pack with plenty of paper so they don't move around
* make sure you put plenty of "stuffing" around the amp wiether it's foam, peanuts, paper or a combination of all of those
* Tape the box extra good.
* Then take a 2nd box that's just a tad bit bigger and put some "stuffing" in that box (I usually use peanuts here) and tape that box extra good.

It's usually pretty good sized this way, but safer to ship. I've had several amps shipped to me with broken tubes or the chassis knocked loose. Remember, sometimes these things take a 4 - 6 foot drop in the sorting facility.

Now, about the insurance.......It's pretty much worthless unless you take it to a UPS store and have the UPS employee pack it for you and then it ends up costing you $30 - $50 extra on top of the shipping cost but if something happens it should be covered by insurance if you have them pack it.

I personally like FedEx best for shipping fragile, heavy amps.. DHL ain't too bad either. Every amp that's came to me broken has come from UPS though.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back