what amps are you guys using for Gospel music?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prody

Reaction score
I'm looking for that quartet gospel sound...clean/warm, I'm play both a start and a Gibson with humbuckers. You tell me what you you think makes that best gospel sound.

Hey Prody, at least one guy was using an F-50 for gospel. If you do a search on Dan's the Man, you'll find some of his clips. I would think that an F-50, Express 5:50, Lonestar and Lonestar Special would be pretty well suited to gospel. Based on your coming from a Fender Twin Reverb, these all have great cleans and have some great capabilities on the gain side.

I'm using a Rivera M-60 at the church I play at. I find that amp works very well with single-coils and humbuckers. Plus, with the voicing options for the clean channel, you can get a wealth of tones that will work for either a very bright, tight Strat or can be very mellow and warm with the 'buckers in your Gibson. On top of that, you get a Marshall-like/British tone on the first channel when you want it.

For what it's worth, I'm not sold on the tone of the digital modelers that the other guys at my church are using. The modelers are sure convenient for setting up and tearing down, but the tones aren't there, especially the clean tones.

Definitely check a Rivera out if you can as you search for an amp.

Latest posts

Back