warranty question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murphy Slaw

Reaction score
I doubt it. If the dealer sells a new Boogie for less than map, he might get in trouble with Randall and Co.

But, I would expect if I paid cash for a NEW Mesa from a Mesa dealer, and had a reciept, I would have full warranty. How the hell am I expected to know what map is, or anything else about their agreement. I am simply buying a new amp from a dealer.

I'm sure I would have full warranty under any law in any State. And I seriously doubt Randall would penalize me for a crooked dealer.

Murph.

There is some true to this.

A family member of mine, who has a wholesale license, owns a repair shop for violins/cellos etc... he knew I was curious about getting a Mesa. He told me he could get the amp "half off", sounded to good to be true. Well he contacted Mesa and told them he wanted to buy a RoadKing for his store. Mesa told him they can only take $200 bucks off, and there will be NO warranty with that product.

Now I'm sure there is a way around it.

Murphy Slaw said:
I doubt it. If the dealer sells a new Boogie for less than map, he might get in trouble with Randall and Co.

But, I would expect if I paid cash for a NEW Mesa from a Mesa dealer, and had a reciept, I would have full warranty. How the hell am I expected to know what map is, or anything else about their agreement. I am simply buying a new amp from a dealer.

I'm sure I would have full warranty under any law in any State. And I seriously doubt Randall would penalize me for a crooked dealer.

Murph.

I believe Murphy Slaw is correct. A new amp comes with the full 5 year warranty. The listing in question appears to be for a used amp, so it then becomes a matter of getting the remainder of the warranty transferred to the new owner. To state the obvious, MAP doesn't apply to used gear. Also, NEW Mesa products are not allowed to be sold on-line or through any direct response channels. New products are to be sold only by authorized dealers out of their storefronts.

The way I read it is, if the amp is sold used through a dealer or music store, the warranty is void. However, if the the amp is sold used between two private parties, then the warranty is transferable.
I don't believe (as stated previously,) that a brand new Mesa sold by an authorized dealer voids the warranty....at any price.

Back