want to get a mesa

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nknyc

Reaction score
Hello this is my first post, I would like to get a mesa but i live in an apartment, during the day I can play very loud but at night my neighbors will be knocking at my door in 2 minutes.

I play metal/nu-metal/funk and lately some classical. but mostly i'm looking for a crunchy metal tone.

are the f-30's good for recto type distortion?

If not what should i look into.

thanks.

Hi nknyc,
do you need the amp for jamming, are you in a band or performing?

Yes the Express would do nicely. The 5 watt switch would really be nice to crank up in a small room or apartement. I wonder when Mesa will start shipping. :?

I would just buy a used Road King, will get you all the grounds, plus you can use it at 50 watts, get yourself a hot plate too if you can afford it.

I would also say to wait for the express. Seem's like the perfect practice/jam amp for home and can get the job done in a show setting also.

that 5:50 looks sweet. i will definately check that out. the contour dial is brilliant and a 5 watt class A option...what more needs to be said.

I don't think the 5 Watt mode of the Express is designed for bedroom level play. Because, 5 Watts of power amp distortion is still way too loud in that environment.

If you want power amp distortion in the bedroom, you'll need something like a 0.5 Watt amp.

I'm itching for one of these so I can get some decent power amp distortion for micing the cab on stage / and sending to the PA.

In regards to the original question. Most Boogies still sound great at low levels because the distortion is formed primarily in the preamp stage. You'll obviously miss out on the extra creaminess and chime of a distorting power amp, but the preamps get pretty close.

I too am eagerly awaiting the 5:50. Selling my Peavey ValveKing and Avatar cab, and was about to pull the trigger on an F-50, when I saw the 5:50 advert. Cool stuff!

Back