Volume setting for small noisy clubs ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsouth

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me about what volume setting for channel 1 would probably be sufficient or a good starting place for an F50 unmiked at a club with 74 tables, about 150 people ? and same question for miked.

Thx

Gene

I can't really tell you exact volume settings, but I can give you some tips. Regardless of miked or unmiked, I recommend using an amp stand. I particularly like the one from Gruven (www.gruven-stands.com) This raises the amp off the stage, angles it towards you, but also helps it project out into the room. I find that it kinda bounces it off the ceiling in some clubs, instead of shooting it at knee level, blasting those in front, and muddying the sound for those in back.

I usually recommend mic'ing regardless of the size of venue. It just gives you an extra measure of control.

Hope this helps.

RB

+2 on the mic-ing.....

I play a 120 watt Road King and could blow out the back wall out of a club with it if I wanted too, but I still run it at a lower volume and mic it so it sounds fuller and blends in better with the rest of the mix.

Back