Volume levels

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bloodstone

Reaction score
Why is it on my triple rec 3 channel that my clean channel comes in so low whil emy channel 3 & 2 are super loud? Like I cannot play clean at room levels and switch to channel 3 without blowing the windows out. 3 seems loudest, then 2, then 1 is weak. I have to rurn the output halfway up to get it somewhat loud.

Not trying to be a jerk, but each channel has a master volume....

....adjust the clean channel until it's where you want it, then set your other rhythm channel to balance it, and set your lead channel to be slightly louder.

If it's still really quiet, turn up the gain.

If you've done all that, then you might have other problems.

I set all three channels to the exact same settings and the channel 3 is just so much louder than the other two. Its like it steps down in volume from 3 - 2 - 1.

ok should i be able to reproduce the same sounds and the same settings on channel 3 & 2? And I think the problem was the midern switch is like a superboost in volume :lol: Forgive me this is my first mesa :(

The modern switch does have much more volume, it's a fact of Mesas.

Basically, level out the channel masters, so the clean and lead channels are about equal in volume ( I almost have to dime my clean channel) and then adjust the overall output (master volume) to your liking. Works like a charm.

Bloodstone said:
I set all three channels to the exact same settings and the channel 3 is just so much louder than the other two. Its like it steps down in volume from 3 - 2 - 1.

That's normal. There's alot more gain in those other two channels so they'll naturally be louder. What you need to do is adjust the channel masters so that all three are roughly the same volume (I like my lead channel to be a bit louder than the rest). I usually set my one channel to modern with the channel master around 10:00, and the clean channel master around 13:00 or so (I use a fair amount of gain on the clean channel).

i spoke to mesa boogie once about this and they recomend your channel volume at around 9:30 at most for the modern channel and thats all youll need they said its basically impossible to balance the other levels if you have the modern (channel 3 or 2) past that point

Latest posts

Back