Volume Issue (dirty pot?)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matterra

Reaction score
Ok, first off, I've got a 2007 Mark IV "B" and I've got a bit of a problem.

Here's the story: I live in the desert, so there is a lot of dust, and in the three months I've had my boogie, its seen a lot of outside action, twice at an open football stadium.

Anyways, I've noticed that the clean volume is really low, but the problem is resolved if I wiggle the Rh1 gain knob. Basically, what can I do to fix this problem? Is this a problem that I can fix, or should I take it into the tech?

If you have to wiggle it, the pot may be starting to come apart and missing contact with the resistive element. You have to look at it and see if the shaft wiggles badly with the knob off, or see if the housing moves while looking at it from the inside of the amp. Usually, dirt or a bad element are only in spots so you can get different results simply by turning the pot, usually below your favorite setting. If the element is dead at your favorite setting, anything above it will not pass the signal, but below it will.

ah, thanks for clearing that up.
Ultimately: I have to take it into the shop to get it fixed up.

Latest posts

Back