Very Early Dual Rectifier R0028 is mine!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guitarted

Reaction score
Heh, heh...now I own R0188 and R0028. The R0028 is rev C.

http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29392-2357-0?userid=fourfiveone&site=0&ver=EOIBSA080805&lk=URL&Item=7376140826

Awesome, I bagged me R0050 on Saturday!

DSC00250.jpg

whats the difference between pre/post 500 recto?Tone,circuitry?
I've played the single recto & tremoverb before.
and i do not like the tones that much.Kinda hard to get that palm mutes going ala Metallica..

triodal said:
and i do not like the tones that much.Kinda hard to get that palm mutes going ala Metallica..

Read the lineage post abou the pre500's. Typically the differences observed are tightness of the amp and better soloing tone. The circuit revisions made an impact as did the transformers used. During the pre500 there were a couple revisions C and D. Then they went to F that maintained the serial loop and was a blend of C and D. Then they went to G that received a parallel loop. G was the final revision as we know it. Some time in the G production the cord was detached and a larger logo was placed on the front.

You should try a Mark IV for the tightness if you want Metallica tone. I get Metallica all day long on my Mark IV. For that matter a Mark III will get you there too or if you can find one a IIC+ will be the best.

Realistically though work on your technique and settings. I can play Metallica on just about anything. Granted the gain and tightness might not be there but the palm mutes sound about the same regardless.

Russ said:
triodal said:

Read the lineage post abou the pre500's. Typically the differences observed are tightness of the amp and better soloing tone. The circuit revisions made an impact as did the transformers used. During the pre500 there were a couple revisions C and D. Then they went to F that maintained the serial loop and was a blend of C and D. Then they went to G that received a parallel loop. G was the final revision as we know it. Some time in the G production the cord was detached and a larger logo was placed on the front.

That's a very nice tight explanation in a nutshell. also these revisions didn't last long, a couple of months and then finally about a year or so of revising to get to Rev G with parallel loop.

I have Rev F with series loop 1-93 (late '92) so between a C-D tone, I love my TONE, really I think the transformers are really close too.

Ok where do you stay,is it close to scotland???

what kind of security do you have???

when are you and the rest of the house at school/work????

basically how easy is it to break in and steal that rec???

and this goes for you an all Botch!!!!Am I right in thinking you stay a little closer to Scotland???:):):)

I doubt it is an "A" considering I have R0005 and that is a "C"

Boogiebabies said:
On a sticker on the right rear.

Check out the guts. I bet it is an A. The board version is above the filter caps on the preamp board.

A is probably in the hands of Randall Smith. he never released it because the tone was so good that not even John Petrucci would be able to handle it when he would start playing 10,000,000,000 notes per nano second. As a result, the universe would implode.

Elpelotero said:
A is probably in the hands of Randall Smith. he never released it because the tone was so good that not even John Petrucci would be able to handle it when he would start playing 10,000,000,000 notes per nano second. As a result, the universe would implode.

He had the A+ mod done to his :lol:

Latest posts

Back