V30s in Express 5:50 212 combo?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl Houseknecht

Reaction score
My Express 5:50 212 has C90's in it stock. I recently picked up a Rectifier 212 vertical slant cab with V30's in it to use with my Express+ head. Normally, I hate those speakers with a passion, but these sound amazing. It has me thinking about putting some V30's in my combo. Maybe some Hellatone 60's from Avatar.

Has anyone done this? I did see that some of the Express 5:50 212's shipped with V30's.

Karl Houseknecht said:
My Express 5:50 212 has C90's in it stock. I recently picked up a Rectifier 212 vertical slant cab with V30's in it to use with my Express+ head. Normally, I hate those speakers with a passion, but these sound amazing. It has me thinking about putting some V30's in my combo. Maybe some Hellatone 60's from Avatar.

Has anyone done this? I did see that some of the Express 5:50 212's shipped with V30's.

Haven't done this but did do something I think is better :)
2 years ago I had a custom 2x12 cab made with V30s.
Had it wired so I can use either

a) cab alone or
b) cab & combo speaker together = 3 speakers running.
I often gig with the combo & cab on other side of stage :mrgreen:

I say..... get some for your combo with a completely different flavor from the v30s. You'll have a more versatile rig and can have a change up when you need it. I've got 3 different kinds in my little combo (5:25) and two cabs and play them all three at different times, standalone and in combinations. Sometimes a blend of unlikes can be very cool, especially running both amps together, with some nice stereo effects...maybe just a touch of some nice panning phase or chorus. Bliss.

Enjoy your tone search.

Back