using a pod xt with a poweramp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tempest1226

Reaction score
Hey everyone. i have a dual rec 3 channel but was looking to add a rack type set up for strictly cleans so i could just use the dual rec for the dist. (since i can never get a crystal bright clean from the Dual rec. If i wanted to use a POD xt for example wouldnt i just need to get a poweramp such as a mesa 2:90 and hook it up to the pod xt or could i hook up the pod xt to the dual rec somehow to achieve this. I have a gcx system for switching if that helps. ANy help with this would be great. Thank you:)

HOW do want your rig to be set up? how many cabinets?
are you going to use both amps with its own cabinets?
what about effects for the dual rect?
do you want your rig to be simple to tote around? how many clean, distortion, solo settings you are needing, or wanting.

IS the GCX going to control any DUAL rect amp switching? ,

i myself have used the POD pro xt (with METAL SHOP PACK) with a 2:100 mesa stereo power amp.
sounded great! it was conviently in a four space rack.. great for gigging and very loud!. cleans were immaculate, the crunch was a great cross between a Dual RECT and a marshall's EL34 crunch. harmonics were great. SOlOing was great and stands out.

how are you going to do the signal chain? were you going to use the dual rect only as a preamp? and let the gcx switch both preamps? I also owned a GCX switcher to switch everything. but i got away from rack switcher. ONLY because with a rack switcher, You are alway adding more stuff to your rig. The more you add, the more noise and hums. that is why i went to just a power amp and line 6 pod pro xt.

the pod xt isnt to far from the POD PRO XT. I know that once i got the METAL SHOP PACK, i was able to get a better tone and crunch..

my sound is along TESTAMENT, DREAM THEATER< LAMB OF GOD>

Also we tune to drop A. I also noticed that since we are so LOW, The low end still is tight and GAIN is cuts through.. It has something to do in the combination with the COMPRESSION of the POD PRO XT and the AWESOME MESA 2:100 tube sound! Its real nice!

I may look into the POD 3. i am curious about having the MESA/MARSHALL heavy gain wall of sound.

hey. Im basically looking to do this.

Control everything from gcx system

For distortion tones i want to use strictly the dual rectifier with my zakk wylde Overdrive and the g major. I dont want to use any aspect of the pod xt for distortion

but then.......

I wanted to basically have a pod xt and mesa poweramp setup in the gcx system as well for cleans so whenever i needed to play a clean part, I could just tell the gcx to switch from the dual rectifier to the podxt/2:90 setup.

Basically i would have to find out a way (which im sure if i called gcx could find out) how to be able to switch back and fourth from the dual rec(distortion) to the podxt/mesa poweramp (cleans).

Hope this makes sense.

Latest posts

Back