Using a dual rectifier with a bass cab

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metal_man12

Reaction score
Hey everyone, new member here

I was just curious about using a bass cab with my dual rectifier? The cab is a 4X12 and the impedance matches up, so other then it sounding meh would there be any danger with this config?

thanks

thanks, my dual recs comin through the mail and the only cab ive got on hand right now is a bass cab, and i wanna make sure everythings workin

it'll work man. for a while i was running a 2x15 bass cab along with my 4x12. it sounded pretty sick.

oldrig.jpg

Nitrobattery said:
it'll work man. for a while i was running a 2x15 bass cab along with my 4x12. it sounded pretty sick.

oldrig.jpg

That's cool.

Seeing as I own all of my band's backline, I can't actually do that sorta thing but I really wanna use my vintage Mesa bass cab - 1516B ?? (2x6", 1x10", 1x15" + Horn) in conjuction with my guitar rig except my bassist uses it.

wow I could not image needing more bass than the recto's have! Maybe tighter, but not more? (never used a 15 with it, but I just assumed the bigger speaker would have more of a bass output).

Latest posts

Back