Unwanted Feedback

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carpediem666

Reaction score
hey guys

I have a Single Rectifier Series 1 Solo 50 Head and am getting sum unwanted feedback on Channel 2.

Basically it runs fine, but when i have my hand on the strings and im not playing the guitar and the gain is high (bout 3 o clock). I get a feedback noise that builds up and i cant do anything to get rid of it!!

However if i reduce the gain down i dont have the trouble with the feedback but i do loose alot of gain and tone quality!!

Would a BOSS Noise Suppressor sort out this problem?? As i love to run the gain high!!

Any help with this issue would be appreciated.

I am using ESP guitars with EMG pickups in them!!!

hey there, i use a boss noise supressor too, there prety good for the money and am happy with it,i run it with my dual rec cause i use a zakk wylde od in front just to give it a little boost, theres just a little noise so i hav`nt it turned up that high and it works well.but if u have a lot of feedback it might suck u`r tone a little. i recently bought a decimator pro rack g. its the best noise reducer i`ve bought so far, i like it beter than the hush super c too which i sold before purchase. they do a pedal version of it which is spose to be really good to. http://www.isptechnologies.com/decimatorpedal.htm

yes a noise suppressor will help get rid of that feedback,,I have the same issues with my ROV only when on vintage or modern with the gain at around 3oclock. Luckily for me my problem eventually went away when I realized I didnt need to use so much gain,,I found if I turned the gain down a bit the feedback improved with little actual loss of gain,
But you did say you like using all that gain and only you know whats best for you.
One more suggestion is if you have any spare 12ax7's to try,,,try different ones in the v1 spot. I found for example that when I put
Electro harmonix 12ax7's in my v1 spot I would get a lot more unwanted feedback than others. Why I do not know? I will say that just changing to a better or different brand didnt take all the feedback away but it did help.
Which reminds me,,I have also found if I lower the volume on my guitar,
this helps a great deal with little if at all any lose in tone other than just being much quieter.
Good luck to you

My ISP decimator pedal in front of my Triple Rec is quiet as a mouse with no feedback. It's great at killing all the noise.

Back