two different cabs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xnatex

Reaction score
currently have have my DR running through a marshal JCM900 1960A cab at 4 ohms. since i have output jacks on my DR for 4, 8, and 16 ohms could i run another cab at 8 ohms and not mess up my head?

you can run more than one cab certainly but I -don't- think you can if they are different ohmz.

-P

According to my Dual Rectifier manual you can run to cabs of different ohm ratings safely. I have done it and never had any problems. in your case to run both cabs you need to plug your Marshall cab in the 16 ohm hole in mono on the cab into the 8 ohm send on the head & plug your 8 ohm cab into the 4 ohm send on the head.

Go to the Mesa site and peek into the back of the stiletto or Rectifier heads manuals and it shows diagrams there of safe mismatches and how to do them.

I am assuming the marshall cab can be run in 16 ohm mono? if so then you can do it. but you cant run the marshall cab at 4 ohm and then add another cab. Basically the most you can do is two 8 ohm cabs, or 1- 8 ohm and one 16 ohm and you will be fine. But you must run it on the 4 ohm tap on the recto.

xnatex said:
currently have have my DR running through a marshal JCM900 1960A cab at 4 ohms. since i have output jacks on my DR for 4, 8, and 16 ohms could i run another cab at 8 ohms and not mess up my head?

dont ever run the marshall at 4 ohm if you are putting it in stereo with the mesa. The ohms would be way to low.

xnatex said:
i can either run my cab at 4ohms mono, 16ohms mono, or 8ohms stereo

Back