Tube suggestions for a Triple Rec.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoulIncision

Reaction score
Hey everybody! For me, it seems to be getting to that time for a re-tube in my triple rec. and I wanted some opinions on tube options.

I play Euro-Metal, in the spirit of Kamelot, Iced Earth, Pyramaze, etc. I was going to jump right onto the EL-34 train but I heard they don't last long in the TR.

I've never had a problem with JJ E34Ls in my DR. They've lasted just as long as any 6L6 i've had and added a lot of life/character to my sound.

My friend put Svetlana 6L6's in his and they sound AWESOME, much more throaty as well as much more searing highs. If I retube mine, it will probably be with those.

jr3d said:
My friend put Svetlana 6L6's in his and they sound AWESOME, much more throaty as well as much more searing highs. If I retube mine, it will probably be with those.

where did they get them and how much did they cost?

thanks

-AJH

http://www.drtube.com/tubeshop.htm that's where we got his, the prices are in pounds, he did the ordering so I'll ask later on the procedure, if he remembers :p, the reason we ordered from there was that you can get 6 of them matched.

gman

Musicians friend has svetlana's but they only have them up 4 in a set, so you could get 3 sets of 2 I guess.

Do you guys prefer any specific brands for your Triple?

I haven't had to re-tube yet.... and I was probably going Groove Tubes for power amp & rectifier.. and stay Boogie for pre-amp.

Latest posts

Back