trying to juice up the cleans with a processor for my D .Rec

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tempest1226

Reaction score
Hey everyone. For me, and as im seeing alot on th eboard lately, getting a good (loud enough without distorting) clean signal is hard to come by with the dual rec. What if i was to add say a pod xt for just cleans. How would i hook this up to my dual rec. I cant use the fx loop though because its already being used by my g major. Unless someone knows how to hook both of them up and still be able to control them seperatly through my gcx ground control even though there both in the same midi chain. I would basically want to try to see if I could use the POD xt for my cleans, and the Dual rec and g major for my dirty sounds. Thanks for your time everyone.

What kind of pickups are you running. The cleans on a DR aren't Fender Clean, but you should be able to dial in a decent clean especially with the G-Major. 100w is plenty of clean head room.

I'm one of those rare folks that like the cleans on a DR.

DQ

clutch71 said:
What kind of pickups are you running. The cleans on a DR aren't Fender Clean, but you should be able to dial in a decent clean especially with the G-Major. 100w is plenty of clean head room.

I'm one of those rare folks that like the cleans on a DR.

DQ

what are your settings if you don't mind, i'm curious, i'll find a good setting and then the next day it want sound good. me and the cleans on the dual rect have a love hate relationship.

I no longer have the Dual unfortunately. It was a 2Channel. I believe I set it something like this...

Bold
Silicone Diode
Orange to Clean channel
Loop Bypassed
Presence - 1
Treble- 12
Mid 11
Bass 12
Volume 9
gain 11

Don't quote me on that. I compared the Mesa and my Marshall when I first got it. The camera mic never quiet captures what I want it to.

http://www.youtube.com./watch?v=B-3CBuTAxGo

I don't know if this would work or not...I'm not very familiar with the G major or the POD.

You would have to put them in series on different midi channels, and bypass the one you don't want to use when you switch to the one that you want to use. IF they both can be bypassed by MIDI. If you have to manually bypass them, then that wouldn't work. Plus, you need a MIDI controller that can do multiple program changes at the same time, like the Behringer FCB1010. I'm not sure if the Ground Control can do that or not.

The biggest problem with the 3 channel Rectos is the clean channel volume. It just doesn't seem to match the other two channels. That's one reason I went back to a 2 channel head.

Can you set the G major up for different volumes on different effects? If so, just mess around with the volume settings on a clean effect until you get something that you like.

Latest posts

Back