Troubleshooting my Roadking

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minorprophet

Reaction score
So, I've been a boogie player for about 7 years now, and I finally upgrade from a dual rectifier to a Roadking (first series). I have had the head for about 6 months now. Though, I have replaced all the tubes Channels 1, 2, & 3 sound distorted. The clean is definitely not the boogie clean I'm used to, but Channel 4 has the super death crunch I love. Honestly, I have no idea what's wrong, and since I am recently divorced I have moved to the stix, and there's no boogie dealers anywhere close to me.

Any advice guys?

Thanks!

Also, I've been a lurker here for awhile I am just now new to posting.

get SPAX7's in the preamp tube V1 and V3 maybe even V4 and V5.... put a chinese Penta Lab in V2

I did that and got excellent tones for all channels... also Im cheking out using black shadow speakers and EV 12F's

Also check your guitar settings or buy a compressor!!!

Will do on the tubes and thanks for the advice. I am still using Vintage 30w Celestions. I have to 2 custom cabinets I had made so I don't see myself changing those, but in my rack I use a BBE sonic maximizer and I recently downgraded to an old school Intellefex from a Eventide Eclipse. The Eventide took to long to switch effects.

You probably already checked this but make sure the speaker selection switches on the back are set correctly. They tend to get flipped (for me at least) while transporting. If they switch to A+B must it sounds horrible and there is hardly any volume. Good luck!

Not sure how old your king is but some deoxit contact cleaner could help. Spray the tube prongs and insert tube and remove a couple times to clean. Also is this dirtiness with amp alone or are other devices in effects loop.

Back