Triple Recto Hum

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allcountyfair

Reaction score
The other day i brought my triple recto over to my practice studio to have the first practice with it. This was its first practice and it sounded amazing. Though after it warmed up and played 3 or more songs i noticed a loud hum. At first i thought it was my single coil pickup but i moved as far away from the amp as i could but it was still humming. I have never heard this hum before but this was the first time it was played at a loud level for a longer period of time. I just want to make sure nothing is wrong with it or if this is normal. It may have been my Boss Chromatic Tuner which was about 2 feet away from the amp at the time, but it was there the entire time i was playing and the hum didnt start until later. Thanks guys, you are a great help!

Was the tuner running on batteries or plugged in to the electric outlet using an adapter? 90% of the time it's external noise from pedals and FX, and most of those times when it's excessive noise it not grounded properly or is the wrong adapter. Try running it on batteries and see if that takes care of it or try using a different guitar cable or two.

If that doesn't fix it, change that 90% to 87% of the time :wink:

I notice that anytime I get near the left side of my triple near the power supply I will hear a pretty loud hum releative to my distance I am from it and I play with humbuckers(most noticable when I am bending over the top of the amp to look @ a knob or something). Also remember that Single Coils inherantly get a 60 cycle hum--but thats the nature of the beast--I dont mind the huming and a little bit of noise--after all its a high gain amp--I bought it for the nastiness! But for the most part if I stay away from the left side of the amp it doesnt mess with me except of course the load hum I get (like any other high gain amp) when Im in channels 2 or 3. The Clean channel is without hum @ all. :wink:

Latest posts

Back