Triple Recto 3 channel FX loop activated from Big FootSwitch

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micah

Reaction score
My FX loop doesnt seem to switch on from the foot switch. has anyone had this happen to them? the switch in the back it set to "footswitch" but I get no light or FX loop when I click the pedal. Do you have to have something plugged into it for it to work? also--I had an interesting thought about the clean channel--what if you could set your FX loop to come on on the clean channel only with the volume on the back set differently in order to make up for the clean channel volume drop when using the modern channel? I cant seem to get the FX loop to do this though --is there something wrong with my loop?? or is there something Im doing wrong? The manual didnt tell me much about this--

HELP!! PLease!!!! :(

about your foot switch, everything seems to be set right so maybe somebody here with more experience in modifying the switching systems could help, as far as the "volume drop in clean channel" i think you should pay attention more to the included documentation with the amp, mesa boogie can also tell you this over the phone, when using modern mode on either of the overdrive channels its volume will be much hotter then all the other modes, mesa boogie reccomends the channel masters for channels in modern mode be set between 9 and 11 oclock, most of the guys at mesa boogie when you call say no more then 930, if you do this youll have no problem balancing out the clean channel... each mode on each channel has a different gain structure and will have different volume levels (more gain equals more volume, as gain IS volume) i would start with your channel masters at 9 oclock with modern mode used and experiment from there

Any expirience on how these FX loops work
or how to set the loop up to be foot-switchable??
(given my initial doings)

If the knob on the back is set to FTSW it should be footswitchable. If that doesn't work there is a problem. Check the cable first. Could possibly be the button switch itself, or a relay in the amp. In a pinch, you can use 7-pin MIDI cable as long as all pins are wired (some are not.)

mine switch is screwed up too. I set mine to ftswtch and tap the button the light comes on and tone is better in my amp but my delay doesnt come through. weirrd. My delay works fine in any other situation.

dual rec said:
mine switch is screwed up too. I set mine to ftswtch and tap the button the light comes on and tone is better in my amp but my delay doesnt come through. weirrd. My delay works fine in any other situation.

Try swapping out the V4 preamp tube (FX driver)

NoGlassNoClass said:
dual rec said:

Try swapping out the V4 preamp tube (FX driver)

So engenious....why didnt I think of that!! I'll check that! I might try checking all of them to see how they are. They have Electro Harmonix 12ax7's in it from the previous owner and I havent heard the best things about those tubes-- But it was a steal anyway because it has a matched Sextet of Phillips OEM 6L6's!! I was pretty happy about that--they go for about $60 each-- I hear that in comparison to allot of tubes out there they sound pretty nice as well. I dont know a whole lot about tubes as I havent done a whole lot of swaps. Its a pretty expensive expiriment too! :(

Latest posts

Back