Triple rect. rack help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndrewAndonian

Reaction score
hi im new to setting up my rack and i need some help. i have a triple rectifier and i am planning on purchasing these follow items to use as my rack setup

-SKB 4 Space Rack Case
-Gemini PL-01 Power Conditioner
-Korg DTR-1 Rack Tuner
-Dbx 266 compressor/limiter/gate
-Nady GEQ215 dual 15 band EQ

but what i dont understand is how this stuff connects to the actual head its self. does it all go to the fx loop input? and if it does how do u plug all this stuff in to one input? im really confused, please help

thanks
andrew

1) The FX loop in Rectifiers is kind of screwy being a Parallel loop. I never could really get anything but delay and reverb to work really that well in the loop without having it sound "out of phase". I've tried EQ's, BBE, chorus, and flange in the loop and none of them do that good of job.

2) on a normal, non parallel loop, here's how I'd do it.

* Guitar in to the Korg DTR-1 Rack Tuner - in to the input on the front of of the amp
......... and here's how I'd run the other stuff to the loop........
* Send from the FX loop on the amp to the input/return on the Nady GEQ215 dual 15 band EQ.
* Then send/out from the EQ to the input/return on the Dbx 266 compressor/limiter/gate.
* Then send/out of the compressor to the FX return on the back of the amp.

But for the Rectifier, you may have to play with it and you may never get the sound you reall want from the EQ and compressor. If not, you could always try running them in front of the amp too. In that case you would go from you guitar to the Tuner>EQ>Compressor>input on the amp.

One other option, if you like the sound of the Triple enough and want to use this stuff to it's full extent I'd recommend you contacting Boogie and they can give you the schematics and instructions on how to convert the FX loop to a serial loop to where this stuff can all be used in the loop. You'd probably have to find an amp tech and pay him $50-$100, and he may charge you for the shorting jack he has to install (which only cost about $3). I got my Tremoverb head modded from parallel to serial and it cost me $75 parts and labor.

Thats my $.02 worth. Good luck :wink:

Latest posts

Back