Triple Rec with behringer 412 vs. Peavey 5150 with 212 mesa

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snapascrew

Reaction score
Hey i sold my old preamp and poweramp but still have my berhinger cab, if I buy my buddies triple rec i will be out of money so i'll have to run it threw my behringer 412. but if I get a cheap 5150 i can probably afford my other friends 212 rectifier cabinet so which would give me better tone (for a killswitch engage like sound)
Peavey 5150 with 212 rec cabinet
Triple Rectifier with behringer 412 cabinet

this is my first post. point and laugh at teh n00b

You can always save and buy a decent cab later if you buy the Recto, cant you? That Behringer cab will work just fine......Obivously the Recto cab will be better, but then you'll have a 5150 and those things have so much gain that they aren't musical after a certain point.

IMO... Get the Recto, use the Behringer 412 cab and save your pennies. You'll get a good feel for the amp, and maybe be able get a used cab somewhere else?

Another option: Avatar makes GREAT speaker cabs for cheap, and then you can add your own V30 speakers (or what ever you want) and have a GREAT sounding cab for not a lot of money.

tele_jas said:
You can always save and buy a decent cab later if you buy the Recto, cant you? That Behringer cab will work just fine......Obivously the Recto cab will be better, but then you'll have a 5150 and those things have so much gain that they aren't musical after a certain point.

IMO... Get the Recto, use the Behringer 412 cab and save your pennies. You'll get a good feel for the amp, and maybe be able get a used cab somewhere else?

Another option: Avatar makes GREAT speaker cabs for cheap, and then you can add your own V30 speakers (or what ever you want) and have a GREAT sounding cab for not a lot of money.
ya. what im deffinatley gonna do is buy the triple rec and if i dont like it i could sell it (but i promise you guys i will give the amp at least 2m months before i try to sell it) and i cant really save my pennies hahah. i sold my other amp, got money from that. now i get the rest of money from christmas moeny (im 16) and im trying to get a job and its impossible to get one. after my amp money, christmas money, and me saving from now till christmas ill have JUST enough for the rec. so unless i get a job its behringer till next christmas hahahah (lets hope not)

UPDATE
i made the decision to go for the 5150 with the cab but my friends selling his marshall 1960 for 450 so im getting that instead of the mesa 212. peace

It takes longer than 2 months to get a feel for the rectifier's. are you wanting one just because it is what your fav's use or do you actually have a practical use for it? If you are just a bedroom player (at 16, I bet your parents would be just ecstatic to hear that beast at 2am at full band practice levels). if you are actually gigging it's a useful amp after lotttsss and lotttss of tweaking. But for an at home amp, maybe not the best choice out there. To really get the best sound out of it, you're going to have to get the volume levels up near atomic levels, unless you use an attentuator.

ya i know. i am a bedroom player at age 16 too (wtf?) but idc if the amp is only good loud my parents dont care (at 2am they would) lol

Im glad Im not your parent. Thats all you want to hear is a 16 yr old guitarist with a triple rec in his bedroom blasting away. But Hey I was a 16 yr old guitarist in a bedroom with a Sunn Model T growing up. Ive still got it and its louder than my Triple.

I bought a Behringer 4x12 to leave at a practice room and its actually not a bad combination with a Triple. Tonally its a little muddier and less boomy than a Recto cab. The tolex is the cheapest of any cabinet Ive ever owned, but its not a bad cab for the price.

snapascrew said:
Hey i sold my old preamp and poweramp but still have my berhinger cab, if I buy my buddies triple rec i will be out of money so i'll have to run it threw my behringer 412. but if I get a cheap 5150 i can probably afford my other friends 212 rectifier cabinet so which would give me better tone (for a killswitch engage like sound)
Peavey 5150 with 212 rec cabinet
Triple Rectifier with behringer 412 cabinet

this is my first post. point and laugh at teh n00b

5150 through a 2x12 rect cab would probably sound better than the Rect through a garbage behringer cab (everyone I've heard really blows), however, in a 2 guitar band, you might wish you had a 4x12. I'd buy the Rect head and save for a mesa cab.

JW123 said:
I bought a Behringer 4x12 to leave at a practice room and its actually not a bad combination with a Triple. Tonally its a little muddier and less boomy than a Recto cab. The tolex is the cheapest of any cabinet Ive ever owned, but its not a bad cab for the price.
less boomy in a good way? and are we talking about the behringer with the wheels on the one side only and it has like a marshall grill cloth?

triple rec is definatley the amp for you, and save up for 2 , 4x12's to play in your room!!! :lol:

Latest posts

Back