Triple Rec., Tuner mute problems

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickdread

Reaction score
Whats up everyone, im new to the board, and am having some problems with my rack tuner. I currently am only running a Korg DTR-1000 in my FX loop. I have the FX loop set to come on with the footswitch, so I can hit it for tuning and then turn it off. For some reason I cannot get the tuner to completely mute out. If I hit the strings too hard some sound will leak through to the speakers, which makes for a hassle when the cab is miked up at a show. Any ideas of what might be causing this problem, or how I can fix it?

I think it's the Parallel FX loop.. Not all the signal goes through the FX loop, only part of it and then it's blended by the "mix" knob in with the dry signal.. thats what makes it a parallel loop. So, part of your signal is going to the tuner and the other part is still going to the power section and being heard. The only fix for that is to run the tuner in front of your amp or mod the loop to a serial or series loop.

Bingo, Tele...I have the same problem with my amp when the loop is set less than totally wet. Heck, the Crate V32 I use at church gives a small signal as well.

tele_jas said:
I think it's the Parallel FX loop.. Not all the signal goes through the FX loop, only part of it and then it's blended by the "mix" knob in with the dry signal.. thats what makes it a parallel loop. So, part of your signal is going to the tuner and the other part is still going to the power section and being heard. The only fix for that is to run the tuner in front of your amp or mod the loop to a serial or series loop.

thanks for the help guys. So I should input the guitar into the tuner then run out of the tuner into the input of the amp, correct?

rickdread said:
thanks for the help guys. So I should input the guitar into the tuner then run out of the tuner into the input of the amp, correct?

I don't think this is the best idea, because tunners are usually tone sucker, I would warmly recomed you to buy a simple a/b switcher with a true bypass and have an A go to amp and B go tunner, I think this is really the best way. You have some cool a/b sw at http://www.analogman.com/switchbox/index.htm

this is the one I have:
http://www.analogman.com/switchbox/bypass-ab2.jpg

But I have other effects connected in loop, if you don't have that, all u need is an a/b

Rock on!!
j.

Wouldn't modding the loop to a serial loop also fix the problem? Then he could run the entire setup in the loop without a problem.

Latest posts

Back