TRIPLE REC SETTINGS

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xspider FingersX

Reaction score
Ok dudes, i'm using a triple rec at a show saturday night and so far i hate the way this head sounds. Its a loaner since my head just sold and im awaiting my egnater mod50s construction to be finished.

Im in a death metal band, but i like a very mid laden percussive sound. Someone give me some good settings. I use a jackson with a prs hfs in the bridge and a framus dragon 4x12 w v-30s atop an orange 4x12 w v-30s!

-dave

My favorite setting is:
Channel 2 in Vintage mode
Treb: 1:00
Mids: 11:00
bass: 10:00
pres: 11:00
Gain: 3:00

Try that in channel 3 too, you may need to adjust it a bit.

presence: noon-1oclock

treble: 1-2oclock

bass: 1-2oclock

mid: 10-oclock

gain: 2-3oclock, if you have a overdrive pedal, clean boost it to tighten it up.

adjust the master as needed, no less than 3 oclock.

that should give you a good metal tone that cuts through.
for added tightness put the amp in silicone diode rectification.

a boogie amp is not an instant gratification amp, it takes a lot of tweaking and understanding the controls, they are very sensative.

Thats actually really close to the setting i had worked out on my own N! haha excellent. I still dont care for it, but i think it has a lot to do with the wattage being so high. I like fifty watt heads so its sort of a new experience here. I used to have a nomad 100 and it took me two months to really dial that head in, and then it broke enough times for me to get fed up and sell it.

Here's my settings for my (2-channel) Recto:

Diode rectifier, Bold power
Red cloned to orange, orange on clean mode (The green "clean" LED is on even though you're on the red channel)

Presence 9:00, Bass 2:00, Mid very low according to my mood, anywhere from 7:00 to 10:00, Treble 2:00, Gain 2:00 (Just at the point where it seems like it's not quite enough. There's a definite transition on the knob; I put it just before that.)

I use a Tube Screamer as a clean boost in front of the amp (drive 0 to 3:00 or so, level cranked, tone 12:00), and a Boss GE-7 EQ and a CE-5 Chorus Ensemble in the loop. The channel master is barely cracked, and I get my volume from the Loop Active Master. Send Level and Mix are both 100%.

I get a pretty brutal sound like that, and the Tube Screamer tightens it up a lot.

Back