Triaxis has latency when changing modes!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAVID

Reaction score
I have the version 2 manufactured in 1996.
The sound almost disappears for a moment when I change a mode. When I asked my Boogie dealer and a friend of mine that also owns the Triaxis,they told me that this is how the Triaxis works.
I have been used to working with pedals until now and never had this issue and triaxis's latency is very annoying when I play live.
I know that many of you,use the triaxis when you play live,so how you deal with this issue?

Hi,
Same thing with my TA. I've read that it depends of the midi controler. I have an ART X-15. What's yours ?

My midi controller is the Ground Control Pro.
The problem it's not the midi controller.If I change the presets from the keys of Triaxis I also have the same issue.
It is only when the mode changes.
I have never try to change preset with the same mode and I don't think I will never do.I have 4 presets from 4 different modes and for me that's enough.
1 from rhythm green,1 from lead 1 green,1 from lead 1 yellow and 1 from lead 2 yellow.I only make small changes to these presets depending the situation.

i guess it's truly how Tri works - I use rocktron midi-mate
and have the same problem
this happens when you switch from ld1 to ld2, or vice a versa
switching from Rhy modes to any of the Leads seems to be ok
since i'm a lgigging player, at least for now, this lag forces me to sort of "stay within one mode".

the most troublesome is switching to and from ld1 red. switching between presets of the same mode doesn't seem to have a lag. i think with midi mate it helped to stomp and hold the switch to minimize the latency. but don't quote me on that

Don't know specifically about the Triaxis, (although I've never heard of this problem before) but I do know that my old Ground Control created some lag in switching certain units - namely a digital EQ that was at the end of my midi chain. I upgraded to the rocktron all access and everything is instantaneous with the same rig. So I do know that some midi foot controllers have more efficient midi messaging capabilities.

That's the nature of the relays they use to switch the Triaxis.
They add a cap across the relay that causes a soft pan on switching instead of an obnoxious pop.

This is par to the course on any midi controlled tube preamp.

Back