TREM-O-VERB, IDIOT -->

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgventura

Reaction score
Last week a power tube broke. So i removed the mathing duet along with a rectifier tube (which i was told to do from someone on the board in order to run 50 watts). My reverb on both channels does not work (if you turn either knob up, it gets SUPER loud and either really bright on clean or TONS of feedback on gain).
Anyways, someone also on here said i should check the tubes in V5 or V1. So I took a the V5 tube out cause i was just gunna go to guitar center and maybe pick up 2 new ones. Either way, i havent gone to GC yet, so i wanted to play my guitar, and i turned it on.. and it was super quiet on clean, so then i realized i forgot to put the preamp tube back in, and when i did, (this is where im not sure cause i dont remember) the volume on clean doesnt work from very begining to a little past 9 o'clock. even with gain at about 11 o'clock it still doesnt work until you hit past 9ish. is this normal, cause i hope i didnt screw anything up

Have you gotten those preamp tubes yet? It is very hard to say if you damaged anything or if something is wrong other than a preamp with your description of what is happening with the Reverb control.
My 2 cents - if I were you I would not play the amp until I had some new preamp tubes. Do some low volume testing with new pramp tubes in it to see if the problem goes away. If it doesn't, shut it down and find a qualified tech to look at it.
I know it is sometimes difficult to swallow the idea of taking an amp to a tech when you might be able to fix it with something simple, but the consequences could be very costly.

Latest posts

Back