trading amps in general (espcially head to combo, etc.)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mejoshee

Reaction score
how often/rarely does it occur that one can trade the same amp in different formats?

i'm pretty certain i'm very shortly going to acquire a mark iv b (yay! :D), of relatively new construction, but am not really interested in the widebody, though those were predominant towards the end of production, from what i read here.

i'd prefer 2 things:
a) trade widebody for compact combo of equal or better quality/condition (+ cash or whatever to adjust for condition and the possibility of an evm speaker)
b) trade widebody combo for short head of equal or better qual/cond (+ cash if necessary).

right now i have a mark iic compact with an evm that i plan on turning into a head with my own custom tolex. i will then have a "spare" compact combo which i can restore and re-cover and install another amp into if need be (like the mark iv), but needs to be of the same dimensions. another option would be to restore and sell the compact combo shell (but keep the speaker) and swap that evm with the speaker of a mark iv compact with a c90 or whatever that i would trade for.

the annoying thing is playing the shell game (pun intended). i don't like doing it, but if i at least know what the likelihood will be, i'll probably have an easier time finding certain things in certain ways. i know how to get a newly-constructed shell, so the question is how to go about getting the shorter amp. any thoughts friends?

I traded a medium head MIV for a short head MIV locally once. That was some luck!! I've not had the same luck trying to trade my Stiletto Ace combo for a Deuce head. In most cases it is easier to just sell what ya got and buy what ya want...

i have traded rack set up for a short head onces and a mk III med head for a mk IIc+ short head ..

I live in AUS to so not that much stuff here.. US would be easy!

i guess i'm just afraid that if i sell what i just bought i'll have difficulty finding what i want next. i might just sit on it for a while. i baby my stuff anyway, so it shouldn't be too hard to sell/trade for another thing. we'll see how eager people are to get rid of things after the holiday season and with namm approaching. thanks for the advice and personal experience.

mejoshee said:
i guess i'm just afraid that if i sell what i just bought i'll have difficulty finding what i want next. i might just sit on it for a while. i baby my stuff anyway, so it shouldn't be too hard to sell/trade for another thing. we'll see how eager people are to get rid of things after the holiday season and with namm approaching. thanks for the advice and personal experience.

I know what you mean. im in the same boat with my stiletto!

Latest posts

Back