Tone Report LSC cleans vs. DRRI vs. 64 Deluxe

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pageburst

Reaction score
I has the oportunity to put my LSC through its paces comparing some clean tones on both channels with the DRRI and an original 64 Deluxe Reverb.

let me tell you that right off the bat the DRRI was not even in the same league with the other two.

Cleans through the LSC and 64 Deluxe Reverb had that rounded bouncy three dimesnional shimmer to them with just enough spank. In addition both amps were incredibly responsive with regard to dynamics -a multitude of textures and shadings are on tap just by varying pick attack.
Also imo the reverb in the LSC was the best sounding reverb of any of the amps -mardinally better than the 64' and significantly better than the dry metalicy sounding DRRI.

All in all I would say the LSC ran neck in neck with what I consider one of the best clean amp tones period the original 64' Blackface Deluxe. To be fair the DRRI was pretty new so maybe the speaker needed more time to break in but this was the second DRRI I have played through that left me less than impressed.

BTW the 64 Deluxe also distorts beautifully lending a very creamy and vowely tone to my historic LP.

A couple of things to keep in mind with my LSC For most of the tests I had the mids almost comletely taken out. Depending on the guitar I would adjust the treble bass and presence to match the tone I initally got with the 64' . I also was running with EL34L as my power tubes.

And on a final note the LSC has a far more complex EQ scheme than might seem the case at first glance. I urge any LSC owners to esperiment with the settings

Latest posts

Back