three cheers for boogie

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aliebert

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I headed over to guitar center and bought some new mesa tubes for my mark iv, which immediately blew fuses- due dilligence swapping around confirmed they were the culprit. I went back to guitar center to explain the situation, where they wouldn't do an exchange or return (a fair policy for tubes I guess, but they were broken out of the box.) The kid behind the counter then said to his manager, "yeah this guy probably put the wrong tubes in the amp and blew it." Right in front of me. What a jerk.

One phone call to boogie though, and replacement tubes were here in 2 days. Customer service is king.

Sounds like the kid is talking from his own past experiences...

Good for you with the tubes by the way; customer service really is king.

Mostly people only post on boards about bad customer support and not about when things go good.

Real nice to see a good report about a company actually caring about their customers.

As said before,customer support is king.

Well done Mesa.

Mesa has great customer service from my experience, especially when it comes to new tubes blowing. As for Guitar Center, they're a bunch of boneheads. I just bought my new Stiletto Deuce from them a few weeks back. It was a weekday, store was dead, and there I was drooling over the Mesa Boogie amps (as usual). Not one person asked if I needed help. I finally grab someone behind the front counter who didn't look busy, they call some dope from another department over to 'help' me. The Deuce was out of the box, but it just came in. Well, they didn't have the original box, lost the FX pedal cable, no instruction manual, and had a hard time finding the amp's cover. I called the guy out on every step, since they were trying to sell me a $1799 amp without all of its accessories. I ended up doing something rare: I used my knowledge of Mesa's and dumb sales people and essentially 'abused' the guy for 30 minutes. Nothing harsh or rude, but, "What do you mean you can't negotiate the price on Mesa's? How do you plan on hooking me up then?" Or "You don't really plan on selling me that amp with no FX switch cable, do you?" Silly ****. I ended up walking out with strings, picks, and a Monster stereo cable for the switch, which is nice considering that I hear the cable that would have come with the amp is of poor quality. Every time I threw something at the guy, it was, "Let me ask my manager." Oh, the sheer cluelessness.

aliebert said:
A few weeks ago I headed over to guitar center and bought some new mesa tubes for my mark iv, which immediately blew fuses- due dilligence swapping around confirmed they were the culprit. I went back to guitar center to explain the situation, where they wouldn't do an exchange or return (a fair policy for tubes I guess, but they were broken out of the box.) The kid behind the counter then said to his manager, "yeah this guy probably put the wrong tubes in the amp and blew it." Right in front of me. What a jerk.

One phone call to boogie though, and replacement tubes were here in 2 days. Customer service is king.

When this happened to me I went STRAIGHT to the general manager. Explained to him the situation that his salesperson had personally recommended to me the groove tubes I put in. They failed. Got a brand new set of MESA tubes for free. Never go to the peons that don't know their *** from second bass...

I would have to agree on that, GC has lost all my business. I will drive 2 hours before going down the street to a bunch of *** clowns, all over a $80.00 speaker.

Latest posts

Back