Those who've ordered a Mesa through a store..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Platypus

Reaction score
I'm having serious second thoughts about the options I chose when I ordered my Stiletto Ace and it's only been about a month since I ordered it through a shop. Is there any way to change something this late in the game or am I pretty much stuck? Would it be bad form to call and ask to change something about the amp?

Has anyone done this?

update: nothing can be done.

verity38 said:
i doubt they would be happy with you.. :)

Well I could care less, I'm the customer :p

Just curious if anyone's done this, I really want to change my order to a 1x12 instead of a 2x12.. I suppose I could just find someone to swap with worst case scenario?

Just ask, it doesn't hurt to ask. The longer you wait the faster the answer will be no.

PRSKILLER said:
Just ask, it doesn't hurt to ask. The longer you wait the faster the answer will be no.

I'm just trying to ease my mind, the shop is closed today :\

I changed my order in about that time frame! For example: I think mine took like three months, you'd imagine that last couple of weeks were probably all it took to make it, if that!

Hey Plat....I just got my new 1X12 Ace the other day and played it for the first time last night. OMG...that amp is so toneful. It just sings and sings and my Fulltone OCD really adds to the sound. It is pretty heavy for a 1X12 but sounds huge in that configuration.

Didnt mean to hijack your thread, just wanted to throw in my .02.

I would ask...the worst they can say is no

jbird said:
I changed my order in about that time frame! For example: I think mine took like three months, you'd imagine that last couple of weeks were probably all it took to make it, if that!

And they were ok with it? What did you change?

It depends on you really LOL, I have taken so many things back to G.C. after 25 days t's not even funny. Does it bother me? No Do I care what anyone at G.C. thinks of me when they see Mr. Return coming? NOPE!!!

If your spending that much money I would call ASAP before the amp is complete and have it changed to your specs. Wheather or not it delays delivery is another story, but don't settle for what you don't want.

:D

Platypus said:
I'm having serious second thoughts about the options I chose when I ordered my Stiletto Ace and it's only been about a month since I ordered it through a shop. Is there any way to change something this late in the game or am I pretty much stuck? Would it be bad form to call and ask to change something about the amp?

Has anyone done this?

Have your shop call the rep tomorrow or maybe just call directly to Mesa in Petaluma . Did they give you an ETA on your Ace ? I know they have schedule they go by . Different models are being built on different weeks . Thats how they give you an ETA .

Barry said:
Platypus said:

Has anyone done this?

Have your shop call the rep tomorrow or maybe just call directly to Mesa in Petaluma . Did they give you an ETA on your Ace ? I know they have schedule they go by . Different models are being built on different weeks . Thats how they give you an ETA .

Yeah I'm going to call him tomorrow. He gave me an ETA of about 3-5 months originally but that's a ballpark and not a specific ETA. I just don't see it being a huge deal personally, I know my amp isn't being built this moment so I hope it's a simple change.

I really should have done the 1x12 originally but I was really worried about headroom on it, I have an Orange 1x12 that overcompresses too much when it overdrives at loud volumes so I didn't want to have that problem with the Ace. Every Ace I played (3 times) was a 1x12 and I loved it.. I've been reading more lately that the 2x12 just doesn't sound as good and I fell in love with what I heard at the store so I want to make it right...

I hope the dealer is receptive to this, I don't know what to expect.

I can't see the 2x12 being any worse than the 1x12....

I played a 2x12 Ace at my shop and it was amazing!

Your call though! If you do want to do it, I would definitely try ASAP!

Platypus said:
Barry said:
Platypus said:

Has anyone done this?

Yeah I'm going to call him tomorrow. He gave me an ETA of about 3-5 months originally but that's a ballpark and not a specific ETA. I just don't see it being a huge deal personally, I know my amp isn't being built this moment so I hope it's a simple change.

I really should have done the 1x12 originally but I was really worried about headroom on it, I have an Orange 1x12 that overcompresses too much when it overdrives at loud volumes so I didn't want to have that problem with the Ace. Every Ace I played (3 times) was a 1x12 and I loved it.. I've been reading more lately that the 2x12 just doesn't sound as good and I fell in love with what I heard at the store so I want to make it right...

I hope the dealer is receptive to this, I don't know what to expect.

You are the customer, they need to accomodate you . The rep knows when the specific amps will be coming through production on specific weeks . They do run into problems sometime and may push it out a few weeks . If i was a combo guy I would get the 1X12 . Once you start doing two speakers its time to start thinking head and external cab IMHO.

Thanks all, you've eased my mind about this a little bit.

I'll report back with what I found. I kind of knew it was a mistake ordering an amp I hadn't heard based on the strength of the one I did hear. I loved what I heard when I demoed it originally, should have just kept with that. I have a 2x12 horizontal recto cab if I ever want to add more speakers to it anyway.

Call the dealer tomorrow. I can't see it being a problem unless it already shipped or you ordered it with pink sparkle tolex and a lavender grill and they already have the 2x12 cab covered. :) Seriously, if the dealer gives you a hard time call Mesa but I doubt that it'll be a problem.

Platypus said:
jbird said:

And they were ok with it? What did you change?
It was to be a custom order Butterscotch Crocodile Embossed Leather Recto 2/12 cab, switched to 4/12! Apparently it was OK, they had'nt started the order!

Ok sweet, like I said it's only been a month so I doubt they'd have started so this is good news :)

Welp, I'm fvcked.. according to the Mesa rep, my amp is built and shipping.. will be here next week :(

I've never been so upset to receive something so nice. I left a message for Mesa directly, maybe they'll help me before it ships but I doubt it.

Look for a 2x12 ace to be on sale shortly :(

Platypus said:
Welp, I'm fvcked.. according to the Mesa rep, my amp is built and shipping.. will be here next week :(

I've never been so upset to receive something so nice. I left a message for Mesa directly, maybe they'll help me before it ships but I doubt it.

Look for a 2x12 ace to be on sale shortly :(

I take you you made a phone call to them ? Dont automatically assume you wont like the 2X12 Ace . Dont believe everything you read. Trust your own ears .

Back