thinkin of trading my 3ch dual recto for a roadster.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
someone gonna do an even swap?!!!

according to ebay or craigslist looks like u'd have to pay 3-400 boot to someone who knew what they had in the roadster.

I Have a 3 channel DR and I bought a Roadster about 2 years ago. The Roadster is without a doubt more versatile and has much better cleans than a Dr.

here's where I play Devil's advocate......

I returned the Roadster to GC after a few gigs with it. Why ? It did not have the same distorted/heavy sound that my DR has. I thought the Roadster was a bit "dark". The Roadster is definetly a more versatile piece of gear but it's not " A rectifier with better cleans." Its got better cleans but not quite the same brutal recto sound.

just my lowly opinion.

stompboxfreak72 said:
I Have a 3 channel DR and I bought a Roadster about 2 years ago. The Roadster is without a doubt more versatile and has much better cleans than a Dr.

here's where I play Devil's advocate......

I returned the Roadster to GC after a few gigs with it. Why ? It did not have the same distorted/heavy sound that my DR has. I thought the Roadster was a bit "dark". The Roadster is definetly a more versatile piece of gear but it's not " A rectifier with better cleans." Its got better cleans but not quite the same brutal recto sound.

just my lowly opinion.

it is voiced slightly darker but thats nothing an eq in the loop cant fix. but comparing stock, the standard DR definitely sounds more brutal. its a trade off because i find the roadster has a better top end, definitely smoother for leads

go for it! I personally tested both the roadster and the dr at the mesa boogie store and i by far loved the distortion of the roadster than the regular dual rectifier. it was warmer and smoother

Back