The V pick

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geiri

Reaction score
Hi guys

Has anyone tried the V-pick?

From what I've heard it seriously alters the tone and feel of an instrument.
http://www.v-picks.com/

I don't know about the feel of the instrument, but it helps relax your right (picking) hand grip and gives you more control. And the density of the pick produces a better tone to my ears than any celulloid pick.

I use the Screamer model mainly, but I have a whole assortment of V-Picks. Some are thick and pointed, some are rounded. Points give you a sharp, bright attack. Rounds give you a creamy attack.

Furthermore, Vinni Smith, the maker, is a great guy and his whole family works the business. Customer service is unbeatable.

When you order, tell 'em Chris in Atlanta sent ya'!

Well maybe not alter more like added pick clarity and aids in relaxing your picking and due to it's crazy stiffness.

Perhaps it's just a spoof but I'm really curious after reading about it. I have some picks on the way over here and I'll post a review when I've had some playing time with them.

Geiri said:
Well maybe not alter more like added pick clarity and aids in relaxing your picking and due to it's crazy stiffness.

Perhaps it's just a spoof but I'm really curious after reading about it. I have some picks on the way over here and I'll post a review when I've had some playing time with them.

ah! "thumbs up"

GIG4FUN said:
Geiri said:
........... it seriously alters the tone and feel of an instrument.
http://www.v-picks.com/

I would NEVER want to put one in my hand then! I like my sound. Why would anyone make a deliberate effort to alter the tone/feel of their guitar? I'm not getting it?
Everything is not for everyone. If you're happy with your sound, you're happy.

Me? I thought I was happy with my sound using Fender Extra Heavy picks. But I'm also naturally curious so I gave the V-Picks a try. I like the way my sound and technique changed after using V-Picks, and I'm not going back.

Is $4 for a pick too much money? Well, I'm still using the same V-Pick Screamer I started with over a year ago. I'm still on the first point and there are two more to go before the pick is a throwaway. How many 25 cent picks would you go through in a year's time?

my guitar teacher is sponsored by V picks, so i bought a medium weight one. i usually play with a jazz III red, and i dunno how i feel about the V pick. i play in a heavier style band, and the only times i can see myself really wanting to use a V pick is when i'm sweep picking. it feels weird to play, and it makes the tone sound 'smoother and glassier' if that makes any sense...

to be 100% honest i feel like it's more of a fancy gimmick deal..

my guitar teacher is sponsored by V picks, so i bought a medium weight one. i usually play with a jazz III red, and i dunno how i feel about the V pick. i play in a heavier style band, and the only times i can see myself really wanting to use a V pick is when i'm sweep picking. it feels weird to play, and it makes the tone sound 'smoother and glassier' if that makes any sense...

to be 100% honest i feel like it's more of a fancy gimmick deal..

Latest posts

Back