the TIME is magic (instrumental- mark2b and palmer pdi-09)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonzo

Reaction score
the TIME is magic (instrumental)

http://iacmusic.com/songs.aspx?SongID=50361&ArtistID=30211

or

http://tinyurl.com/3ahm7u

all guitars are a custom USACG strat thru a Mark2b mesa boogie.

the rhythm track:
that's a loop i built in Acid 4.0...
it's actually bits and pieces i hand selected, and then built the sections...
it's 9 tracks built to create a stereo file i used as the rhythm track.
timeismagicacidqt7.jpg

i don't think i'd use rhythm tracks like this all the time, but it is fun to do it from time to time.

that pic on the song page... was taken in the backyard, with the winter ice building up off the edge of the garage...

the guitar, is all direct..... thru a palmer pdi-09, straight from the speaker out of the mesa boogie.
the bass, is my carvin lb70, with some grind on it from a sansamp bass di, but driving it hard out of that into my a designs audio mp-1 mic preamp.. that's probably where the bulk of the tone is coming from.
i wore blisters on my fingertips, playing the bass line on this one, over and over, til i nailed a track.
thanks for listening!

sounds going from nowhere to nowhere.
No chorus,no bridge no nothing.
Just notes over a beat. :cry:

I didn't say I don't like it,I said to me it's not a music,just notes over a beat.

sounds cool, you should make the guitar a tad bit louder in the mix but it sounded funked out for sure!

18&Life said:
sounds going from nowhere to nowhere.
No chorus,no bridge no nothing.
Just notes over a beat. :cry:

It's called improvisation you fvcking tool. But of course you wouldn't know that because you're not even a guitarists.

hey improvisation recorded ??
No,he must have recorded it a hundred times.
I have musics where the solo is improvisation but the music has bridge,chorus etc.
Wow I'm really better guitarist than you,even not knowing you I know that.

the backing drum track was created in acid.
it's 9 tracks in all, bounced down to a stereo track.

the guitar tracks were all one-offs, complete performances from beginning to end, without punchins.

in other words, recorded once.

you practice along, til you find things you like...

then, you hit 'record', go for it, and that's what you get.

the skinny tones, i like for this particular style of funky riffing....

the next recording, will have some really meaty things on it, to see how the palmer does.

thanks for listening!

gonzo said:
it's 9 tracks in all, bounced down to a you practice along, til you find things you like...
then, you hit 'record', go for it, and that's what you get.

thanks for listening!

That's not improvisation like Nick said.You recorded one time but you played till find something you liked.It's not improvisation .
IMPROVISATION is when people call you to the stage and you jam together for the very fist time without having anything rehearsalled.You don't know the melodies or progressions.
See Nick this is improvisation !

no, i improvised each guitar track.

but the nature of this kind of performance is just that....
not to play worked out melodies, but to improvise to a groove.

some people do it better than others.

this is my attempt.

anyway, you either dig it, or you don't.
either way, it's cool.

but arguing about what improvising is, or isnt', is not cool.

Very nice. The mark sounds good, as always. I like the soul and expression. I also like the "skinny" tone you got going, it fits. I agree the guitar should be raised a tad.

Oh, and Gonzo... you better go see a doctor cause you have a case of funky fingers.

Thanks for sharing.

well wasn't me who started talking about improvisation...
I liked however just like I said I prefer songs more structured with chorus bridge and a melody . :D

Satch always did that very well however he is lost among the same stuff going on.

MetalMatt
thanks for listening......
yep, i'm gonna do some tweakin' tonight, and get it a bit more balanced (up front) in the mix.
i think i'll tweak the overall midrange as well, in the mastering stage..
i pushed the lows and highs a bit with the multiband, but maybe at the least, i'll bring up the mids to match.

the time, is magic..... part 2

new mix, new link:

http://iacmusic.com/songs.aspx?SongID=50361&ArtistID=30211

or
http://tinyurl.com/3ahm7u

using many of your comments, i started over with this one.
a lot of folks wont notice much difference, but every track got tweaked.
eq, panning, and volume. nothing else.
i hope this one's better.

I really dig the Take it all song. Awesome guitar tone man and the hook is great. I bet thats a blast to play live. Again great tone and chords, solos and riffs. The Magic song was cool but the Take it all one is what stuck with me 8)

cant play pool with a rop

take it all: that's the heavy one, yes......
not my boogie on that one.. it's a peavey jsx mini colossal, 5 watt amp, direct from it's xlr out.
thanks for listening!

Latest posts

Back