The slave out on my DC-5

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightbeamHealing

Reaction score
Okay so I am just a little confused on exactly what I can do with the slave out on my DC-5.

From what I understand, I can have a cable running from the slave out of my DC-5 into another power amps input. Doing this would help add more power to my amp.

Is that correct? Is that a good way to achieve more wattage out of my DC-5?

Thanks a lot,

Nick

I believe the slave out is there so that you can use your DC as a preamp for another power amp. I am not sure that you can run the slave and the rest of the amp at the same time. Hopefully someone else can make this a little more clear, as I'd like to know more too.

Slave out comes from your output section. This is a lower signal based on your tone from the amp output signal(to the speaker). It can be used to send a signal to a DI, extra amp etc. Reason for the volume control, able to send overall amp tone to another input.
hope this helps...................

I use my Recording out on the DC-2 to send to our mixer. Eliminates stage noise from another mic on the floor. But you loose any tone you may want to hear from your speaker. Just easier in any enviroment

Is it ok to use the slave out to another power amp/amp/mixer/or anything,for your wet sound only?
And how?

Vojin said:
Is it ok to use the slave out to another power amp/amp/mixer/or anything,for your wet sound only?
And how?

yeah, it's totally ok to do that, indeed its the way you have to do it. but BEWARE, cause it's way more addict than crack :mrgreen:

seriously, one of the best sounds i got from my DC3 was using the slave out to a DD6 and then to my 50/50 power amp feeding 2 1x12 cabs (plus the thiele on the DC3 head).

it was dynamic, responsive, powerfull, heavy and clean with every note popping out of the guitar with authority.

thats the way pros that play huge arenas set their sets. the only problem is that you have to much things to carry to the gigs :(

Vigo1999 said:
Vojin said:
And how?

yeah, it's totally ok to do that, indeed its the way you have to do it. but BEWARE, cause it's way more addict than crack :mrgreen:

seriously, one of the best sounds i got from my DC3 was using the slave out to a DD6 and then to my 50/50 power amp feeding 2 1x12 cabs (plus the thiele on the DC3 head).

it was dynamic, responsive, powerfull, heavy and clean with every note popping out of the guitar with authority.

thats the way pros that play huge arenas set their sets. the only problem is that you have to much things to carry to the gigs :(

THANK YOU VERY MUCH..!!
I have been experimenting with this set up for a while..
Please,what do you think about using the 'send output' for the wet sound?
Or,mayby,using the both send output and slave out for different effects?
Is that even possible?
Thanks!!

Vojin said:
Vigo1999 said:
Vojin said:
And how?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH..!!
I have been experimenting with this set up for a while..
Please,what do you think about using the 'send output' for the wet sound?
Or,mayby,using the both send output and slave out for different effects?
Is that even possible?
Thanks!!

always welcome!! :D

using the send will not work, since it's not an amplified output, youll get no sound out of it. using the return on the loop to amplify another pre is ok, since it will be using the power section of the amp to amplify the signal from other source, but is a whole different thing.

I wonder what this would sound like:

DC-5 slave out -> Boss ME-70 (for FX) -> FX return on a Marshall DSL 50 -> Marshall 1960B.

Any ideas? Or will I blow something up?

eschoendorff said:
I wonder what this would sound like:

DC-5 slave out -> Boss ME-70 (for FX) -> FX return on a Marshall DSL 50 -> Marshall 1960B.

Any ideas? Or will I blow something up?

i bet it will sounds HUGE! you'll not blow anything since you have a speaker (or at least a dummy load) hooked to the DC5 otherwise you may blow the OT.

Are there any rules when using the slave out =>effect unit =>power amp/mixer/return of another amp?
Is the slave out level pot important for the overall tone quality?

Back