The new Mark V is NOW on Mesa's Site!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful!!!

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Mark_Series/mark5/mark5.html

haha they actually wrote that kitchen sink line on the site.. no sooner did i say noonish est, and that i keep checking, then hit submit.. and it appears on the site... well its major GAS time :)

You guys are all idiots. There IS NO MK. 5!

Boogie has moved on from the Mark series. Get over it.
:lol:

I like how they segregated the main controls for each channel. Even an old dog like me could figure it out!

I'm surprised they didn't stylize the V cabinet like how the IV is represented on the website.

It looks like the IV mated with a Road King.

With that many features, I'd never get to practice my guitar again. I'd spend too much time fiddlin' with all those knobs! :lol:

carlsoti said:
With that many features, I'd never get to practice my guitar again. I'd spend too much time fiddlin' with all those knobs! :lol:

Probably, but that's part of the fun with being a Mesa owner!!!!

see one of the features? "Kitchen Sink, Ice Maker, Beer Cooler (just kidding) but easier to use then this list suggests (not kidding)!"

there goes my investment in my mark iv. i should have sold it last week. shi.....

guitardude05 said:
see one of the features? "Kitchen Sink, Ice Maker, Beer Cooler (just kidding) but easier to use then this list suggests (not kidding)!"

there goes my investment in my mark iv. i should have sold it last week. shi.....
I'm not selling mine just yet. New isn't always better...but it does look like a **** sweet amp! I wonder how many people sold their C+ to buy a Mark III?

settecorde76 said:
Mmm...too much controls, to my mind...yes, I like to have more choices to get my own sound but all that knobs makes me sick! :roll:

My guess is that more people would rather have independent controls for each channel (and thus, more knobs) than to have shared controls. Even with all the knobs on the Mark IV, the common complaint was having Channels 1 and 2 share a couple EQ controls.

Why do all the knobs make you sick? Once you dial in your sounds, you can leave it there and pretend that there aren't any knobs! :wink:

settecorde76 said:
Mmm...too much controls, to my mind...yes, I like to have more choices to get my own sound but all that knobs makes me sick! :roll:

I agree. The Mark V looks like a formidable amp, but I have been favoring simplicity as of late. I already own a Mark IV, and a Mark I. I would rather have a collection of individual amps instead of having all of them crammed into one box with 100 knobs and switches. I guess the big draw will be the IIC+ mode, if it is accurate. I will not part with my Mark IV, but of all the amps I own it is my least favorite because of its complexity and layout. I guess it depends on your taste and needs. I have been getting by with using just one amp, one channel, and a couple of pedals. If you are a player that needs three channels and lots of control, then you will love the Mark IV or Mark V. Don't get me wrong, I am glad Mesa has a product in the Mark line again and I hope it does well. Heck, I may even purchase one at some point if I can do so without selling anything to get it. But, for now, I enjoy the simplicity of my Studio Caliber, Mark I, and 74 Deluxe Reverb. The Mark IV gets dusted off every once in a while.

cho said:
My guess is that more people would rather have independent controls for each channel (and thus, more knobs) than to have shared controls. Even with all the knobs on the Mark IV, the common complaint was having Channels 1 and 2 share a couple EQ controls.

Why do all the knobs make you sick? Once you dial in your sounds, you can leave it there and pretend that there aren't any knobs! :wink:

Well, you're right dude....having shared controls sometimes could be an handicap...but with a IIC, for example, you can use some pedals (no more than 2 or 3) to get an extra channel or an extra equalization...my opinion is: less controls=better sound
That's why I hate the Road King, for example....
And remember: a very good trafo makes more than a difference in sound (and if you test a IIC or a IIC+ compared with a III or a IV you can hear that difference, man!)... :wink:

MarkofXlnts said:
settecorde76 said:

I agree. The Mark V looks like a formidable amp, but I have been favoring simplicity as of late. I already own a Mark IV, and a Mark I. I would rather have a collection of individual amps instead of having all of them crammed into one box with 100 knobs and switches. I guess the big draw will be the IIC+ mode, if it is accurate. I will not part with my Mark IV, but of all the amps I own it is my least favorite because of its complexity and layout. I guess it depends on your taste and needs. I have been getting by with using just one amp, one channel, and a couple of pedals. If you are a player that needs three channels and lots of control, then you will love the Mark IV or Mark V. Don't get me wrong, I am glad Mesa has a product in the Mark line again and I hope it does well. Heck, I may even purchase one at some point if I can do so without selling anything to get it. But, for now, I enjoy the simplicity of my Studio Caliber, Mark I, and 74 Deluxe Reverb. The Mark IV gets dusted off every once in a while.

Yes, I totally agree with you...in my opinion is impossible that an amp can recreate three or four different and distinctive amps (like a IIC+, a III, a British style amp, etc.).

Latest posts

Back