The best processor for a dual rec??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggs151

Reaction score
Hey fellow axemen i am new to the boogie board and i just recently traded my mark 4 for a dual rec, i have a gmajor which i am not totally happy with, i would appreciate some feedback on what everybody uses for a good processor (mainly delay reverb) i have heard mixed reviews on mow much better the gforce is compared to the major, and i just dont know much about lexicon or korg. Also, i would like some advice on getting effects to pop through a live mix, it seems that whenever my band plays the effects i use on my leads almost seem worthless because it seems to get washed out by the symbols etc. I dont know if there is a trick to this or that i just need more raw volume. well thanks for reading and i would appreciate and advice!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

For those two FX, I used a Quadraverb and it worked perfect. I've also used a PODxt for those FX with some pretty decent results, plus I had a backup if something ever happened to the Boogie in the middle of a gig.

I don't use anything now for those FX in the loop with my Road King, I use the stock reverb and a delay pedal in front of the amp.

I think what ever you are most comfortable with is what you should use (IMO). :wink:

Yea, I use an Alesis Quadraverb as well with my duel recto and my stiletto. They are the only delay type of effects that I thought actually
worked with the recto. I had a Line 6 DL4, I think it was, but it changed
the tone and I didn't like that.

I haven't tried the G Major but I've read good things about it. What is
it doing that you don't like? just curious because I was thinking about
picking one up.

The Mesa amps I have really don't like pedals in the effects loop,
so that's why I stick with my old school quadraverb, actually I like
them so much that I bought a backup quadraverb off of ebay, you
can usually get them for around $150 used. I recommed them, hope
that helps. :wink:

Well i do like the g major but it seems to color the tone a little bit, but for the money it is hard to beat. I was also wondering if anyone konws how to run a g major in killdry and be able to get volume out of it cus when i have tried it it cuts my volume so much i cant use it

If you're looking for dry-kill in a G-Major you need to update the system - the most recent (1.27 I believe) now has a "dry-kill" option (probably due to sheer demand of being asked for one!)

I found the G major to suck the volume out of my roadking when it was used. I found it to be because the preset out level is defaulted at -6db to allow for a solo boost in the preset. If you set this level to 0db you should find that the volume level is now constant when in or out of the signal path.

Back