TA output bad?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inflaymes

Reaction score
one of my TA 's outputs is bad....it has a very weak signal...almost nothing....the other output is fine. Do I need to replace the whole board of inputs since they all come pre-mounted to a circuit board? or could it be something else?

inflaymes said:
one of my TA 's outputs is bad....it has a very weak signal...almost nothing....the other output is fine. Do I need to replace the whole board of inputs since they all come pre-mounted to a circuit board? or could it be something else?

Could be the tube in V5 (furthest from the guitar input jack). One side of the dual tube circuit could be dying. Check with another tube before digging out the screwdriver and soldering iron.

oh...I forgot to mention...I have all new tubes from Eurotubes matched to my playing style...less than 2 months old...and I already checked...swapped out a couple tubes with 5...although I know 5 is balanced a different tube shouldn't matter with output. I called Mesa and they suggest I send the whole thing in for a checkup at the tune of 100 bucks the 1st hour and 75 there on.

what in sam hill is doexit -D5... would a dirty input hole give my output crabs? :shock:

Latest posts

Back